IGNORED

Oldtunesdestroyed

YangYing

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't care less about these tapes being smashed, but his claim that he didn't know what he was doing when he smashed them is bullshit. Why on earth would someone bother to make a youtube account and post videos of himself smashing things if he didn't appreciate the reaction it would elicit from IDM most ridiculous fanboys?

Nah what I meant was (I knew I hadn't explained myself well) was that he thought he was smashing like a completely unreleased/unheard BoC thingy, like he's smashed an Acid Mermories or something. When I told him that it had leaked on the internet ages ago he wasn't as regretful of his actions

Aye

• 4 years later...

Having just bought Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers Album on cassette from Woolworths, going home me and my friend Andrew ‘big eye, little eye’ Rogers crashed into each other on our bikes. He buckled his front wheel and broke his collarbone, and I obliterated my new Jive Bunny cassette.

So ironically, smashing up cassette tapes gives me those boc childhood nostalgic vibes.

edit: circa 1989

Why are there two threads about this? Why should anyone care about this one way or the other? It's silly to be upset about somebody smashing some tapes, and it's silly to enjoy others getting upset about somebody smashing some tapes. 

Anyway, I come here to hear about music news. And here I am posting in a pretty dumb thread. I guess I'm the silliest one of all. 

5 minutes ago, apriorion said:

Why are there two threads about this? Why should anyone care about this one way or the other? It's silly to be upset about somebody smashing some tapes, and it's silly to enjoy others getting upset about somebody smashing some tapes. 

Anyway, I come here to hear about music news. And here I am posting in a pretty dumb thread. I guess I'm the silliest one of all. 

What’s it like up there?

14 hours ago, apriorion said:

Literally every thread on this forum is dumb af so just learn to live with it. You could also just not read threads that are not to your liking. This forum is not exclusively meant for music news anyway. So yeah, you are the silliest one of them all.

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Literally every thread on this forum is dumb af so just learn to live with it. You could also just not read threads that are not to your liking. This forum is not exclusively meant for music news anyway. So yeah, you are the silliest one of them all.

Well, sure. But I don't know--I occasionally learn something new by visiting this forum. Honestly, I keep holding out hope of some news of an album or something from either BoC or HI or something soon. I get excited when I see "Boards of Canada" in bold, and then I click and it's stuff about smashing tapes. A bit of a let down. 

1 hour ago, apriorion said:

Well, sure. But I don't know--I occasionally learn something new by visiting this forum. Honestly, I keep holding out hope of some news of an album or something from either BoC or HI or something soon. I get excited when I see "Boards of Canada" in bold, and then I click and it's stuff about smashing tapes. A bit of a let down. 

I get that. But if the thread is called "oldtunesdestroyed" or "Mike p and the hammering" there is just no way it van be about a new album by boc. Especially when the topic isn't hot, wich world definitely happen if they were actually about to drop something new.

No hate though mate, i once had hope too.

Archived