IGNORED

Is TH "cheap"?

OneToThirtySix

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

All the posters saying "The (Sacred and Holy) Brothers" in the last few posts are just messing around though. :wink:

All the posters saying "The (Sacred and Holy) Brothers" in the last few posts are just messing around though. :wink:

:rolleyes:

i don't mess around when it comes to BoC.

the brothers gonna work it out

Exit Planet Dust is soo much better than TH. It's apples and oranges, but hotdamn EPD is an evergreen.

TH is very cheap

There's little to no subtlety to the quality standards that Geogaddi and TCH set. The tracks aren't lush or well layered, nor are they very progressive or even interesting. They're just boring despite their beauty

unfortunately, agree.

to expand: I was listening to Shackleton today. Although he has some super cheesy moments (arguably bad spoken word stuff), his music has what I feel TH lacks, that voodoo element, that dangerous pagan vibe. To me TH seems rather safe and bloodless. Too contained, not wild enough...

I think what BOC set out to make and what you expected them to make are just two different things...

I actually thought something like Palace Posy would show up, I was quite pleasantly surprised.

After all, I'm pretty disappointed by TH. It feels the same like the latest Plaid Scintilli. As if they were lazy, as if someone forced them to make an album, but they went out of ideas. Incomplete tracks which could have been progressed, but immediately stop after too few minutes.

Well yeah, it was an artistic decision on their part to make the album feel desolate and bare-bones. But that doesn't always make for a completely satisfying listen.

After all, I'm pretty disappointed by TH. It feels the same like the latest Plaid Scintilli. As if they were lazy, as if someone forced them to make an album, but they went out of ideas. Incomplete tracks which could have been progressed, but immediately stop after too few minutes.

I find this to be true concerning most film soundtracks I like.

they should write a track with the chemical brothers... the brother's brothers

then the dust brothers could remix it - brother('s)³

it'd be a clusterfuck of breakbeats though :sad:

Archived