IGNORED

Autechre remix of Mike Ink's "Paroles"

ghOsty

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, I bought it from boomkat a few days ago. The original is some pretty slammer from the 96's and apart from that I love that reversed vocal shit on top. Maybe that trick has been done to death but at least Autechre mangled the guts out of it.
The remix is dope, one of the best mid90ties remixes I heard from them.

Sorry for offtopic but this rework deserves also a lot of respect if we mention this era autechre:

[youtubehd]uZja9HKh0Q4[/youtubehd]

Mine too - Love what they did with the vocals and the integration with the wild drums. I'd so love there to be an Ae '26 Mixes For Cash' to properly have them all in good quality.

I'm currently collecting all the AE vinyl I don't already own. It ocurred to me today that when I've finished that I can start on physical copies of all the remixes.

*sperges out*

But yeah, an official collection would be great.

Mine too - Love what they did with the vocals and the integration with the wild drums. I'd so love there to be an Ae '26 Mixes For Cash' to properly have them all in good quality.

yes, hope they would source them from the originals and not a 128kbps MP3 from soulseek. Aside that, so many made already attempts to create an own, I remember the Mutachre compilation for example.

I have sneaked into their discogs remix listing today, several of the EPs featuring a rework from Autechre aren't that expensive.

I wish Autechre and Mike Ink would have teamed up as well. They remixed Jürgen Paape from Kompakt years later as well.

I remember the Mutachre compilation for example.

Laxir is the most complete collection.

Still not entirely complete though and the tracks aren't the best quality wise. WATMM could team up and do much better

That is the problem. You can sure get easily FLACs of most remixes out there, but some of them are hard to get by. The remix they made for Slowly is on the double disc version of Ming and goes away for top money, and some of their best works aren't even available digitally- hence their reworks for Mark Broom or the criminally overpriced Dominique Dalcan EP.

Still not entirely complete though and the tracks aren't the best quality wise. WATMM could team up and do much better

Actually there exists a collection of 40-odd ae/gescom remixes in flac floating around in the ether of the interwebz, mostly 2003 and earlier... though unfortunately the file for slowly / on the loose remix (one of their best imho) is corrupt

I've got the slowly rmx on vinyl somewhere. Could post a hq rip of it if that's ok with the powers that be?

Hey man I'd love to hear it, though unfortunately best not post it as it is still copyrighted material, despite being long out of print.

I've got the slowly rmx on vinyl somewhere. Could post a hq rip of it if that's ok with the powers that be?

Hey man I'd love to hear it, though unfortunately best not post it as it is still copyrighted material, despite being long out of print.

Speaking of OOP- I wish SKAM would offer the MASK rework palette digitally as well. I remember some nice magic hands belonging to Ae and Gescom. Counts as a remix for me as well.

That is the problem. You can sure get easily FLACs of most remixes out there, but some of them are hard to get by. The remix they made for Slowly is on the double disc version of Ming and goes away for top money, and some of their best works aren't even available digitally- hence their reworks for Mark Broom or the criminally overpriced Dominique Dalcan EP.

Remix for Slowly for top money ?!? You get it on vinyl for a few £ (well except if you absolutely want it on Ming CD, Earthrise Shadow 3 has it also, way less £) and you have 33/45 fun in bonus.

Dalcan remix is well sought after since there'd only be 50 copies or less worldwide, well collectable then, but prices are a bit too high I aggree. (and it's not the worst, some less than 50 existing copies releases go for a lot more £££)

Remix for Slowly for top money ?!? You get it on vinyl for a few £ (well except if you absolutely want it on Ming CD, Earthrise Shadow 3 has it also, way less £) and you have 33/45 fun in bonus.

Dalcan remix is well sought after since there'd only be 50 copies or less worldwide, well collectable then, but prices are a bit too high I aggree. (and it's not the worst, some less than 50 existing copies releases go for a lot more £££)

Yes, the vinyl isn't that expensive but I meant it actually for the digital file- for that you would have to get the CD. I did not noticed that it was featured on a different compilation as well, my mistake.

I have that promo disc for Dalcan on my wishlist for ages. The vinyl is hefty in price and since I do not know the remixes of the others it would be a blind buy which is what I want at that price range.

The Dalcan CD is on my want-list as well... Hasn't come up in some time though. I recently got the 'V' disc with an excellent obscure mix tucked away...

http://www.discogs.com/V-Sub-Machine-The-Unheard-Vliezwei/release/203379

I have about 3 quarters of their released remixes in flac at the moment, all sourced from original CDs using EAC. Just missing the vinyl exclusives (though I have the vinyls, but not the means to rip them) and the stupid rare ones like the Dalcan remix. I think putting together a remix comp with the highest quality rips available would be a great idea for the die-hards around here, but open talk of it is certainly skirting the legal line...

The Dalcan CD is on my want-list as well... Hasn't come up in some time though. I recently got the 'V' disc with an excellent obscure mix tucked away...

http://www.discogs.com/V-Sub-Machine-The-Unheard-Vliezwei/release/203379

I have about 3 quarters of their released remixes in flac at the moment, all sourced from original CDs using EAC. Just missing the vinyl exclusives (though I have the vinyls, but not the means to rip them) and the stupid rare ones like the Dalcan remix. I think putting together a remix comp with the highest quality rips available would be a great idea for the die-hards around here, but open talk of it is certainly skirting the legal line...

So lets PM

Archived