6BDQcHH.png

A seven track EP of original braindance from Canada. Despite a definite bent towards playful hook-soaked melodies and funky computer jams, GVGLTCHER likes to dabble in many sub-genres of electronic music to keep things fresh.

[sc5]98127582[/sc5]

http://www.swishco.co.uk/grvgltchr/electric-burden

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dcom
      Nice lineup on this one, including our @mause , @fxbip and more.
    • By percy roger smith
      Pilotredsky is where I play with the concept of animated "album art".
      https://pilotredsky.bandcamp.com/album/medallion-ep
    • By headplastic
      Hello WATMM, I am a graduate student from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. I am currently conducting a thesis project that analyzes intelligent dance music as popular music. In this analysis, I argue that IDM has a historically fluid relationship with mainstream values and the issues surrounding commercialization, a surplus of electronic music technology, and how popular image (eg. the AFX face) distort our understanding of what deems an artist 'popular' to mass audiences.
      The topic is endlessly complex, as this notion of 'mass audience' is becoming more and more outdated and digital communities, such as this, fragment social groups as if they are tribes rather than subcultures or scenes. With the rapid emergence of the online world and digital technology, our ideas of what constitutes a community are changing. This means it is difficult to understand what popular values are in comparison to underground values. What's more, is that the growing impact of brands and commercial identities skew the notion of authentic music.
      A key theory that I am utilising in this research is Sarah Thornton's notion of subcultural capital. Essentially, this theory argues that artists, listeners, and related institutions accrue a form of capital that helps to identify if someone or something is part of a subculture or popular culture. These values change depending on the community in question, and can be visualized as a spectrum. For example, some popular IDM artists such as Autechre or Aphex Twin are notorious for creating myths about their identity, actively shitting on pop media, and declining interviews. One could argue they maintain and shield their subcultural values by acting in this manner. I can go into more detail as the discussion unfolds.
      If this post and research interests you, feel free to comment or PM me to keep the discussion going. I have various questions prepared in an interview-like format, but I think it is best to remain conversational in this discussion. There are some challenging questions I may offer, but I will wait to see how the discussion unfolds first. Some general research questions as food-for-thought:
      - Would you consider the IDM community a diverse social space? Is it a cohesive community or fragmented in some way?
      - What constitutes "popular music" in this digital age? Is IDM popular music?
      - Does the online underground exist? What kind of impact does it have on listeners?
      At times I will have to play devil's advocate, but please keep in mind this is my job, and it's only a means to extract interesting ideas about this important research! Cheers
    • By Mellow U
      RECYCLED PLASTIX happily presents your first odyssey in bedroom electronics for the 2021 year: RESUME by the five-years-off VOLITUNE.
      RESUME scratches all of the itchy spots for us - it's a little Rephlexy, a little Jynxy, a bit Drexciyan and 100% fresh!
      First 25 copies come with a bonus 3" CD-R EP with two non-album exclusive trax, no extra cost! Get in quick!
      ***POST BREXIT BULLSHIT*** All orders from UK are temporarily being held due to the recent VAT changes. Recycled Plastics has reached out to Bandcamp to figure out some better assurances regarding VAT being collected/remitted by Bandcamp (so we don't have to) and we really just need to make sure before we ship these out that the UK customs office isn't gonna fuck anybody over with extra taxes, or try to sock these away themselves. ANYONE affected by this, until it is resolved, will receive a bonus Bandcamp download code from us (dealer's choice, but we don't really release any shitty music so there's nothing to lose!) to help you through the trying post-Brexit crisis? Crises? We'll do our best to hook you up and make it better.
      So yeah - jump in! New Volitune! It's rad!
      https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/resume