IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

I love how with exai, autechre shattered everything I thought to know about music. It's the most innovative music heard in years.

However I think the songs are a little too unemotional. How I perceive the music depends a lot on the cover art, though. I thought that the tracks on L-event had a lot more color, but maybe that's because the cover art is colorful. Also, I listened to Exai in winter, in school. No wonder I associate blandness, boredom and stress with it.

I would love if they would mix what they're doing atm with move of ten or tracks like Rae, so I can actually listen to it without being depressed or questioning my existence.

I was listening to some old Ae remix stuff today, and Chiastic Slide and I guess the only thing I feel is wholeheartedly missing from a lot of new Autechre is the intense, multi-layered and/or complicated melodies like those off cipater, cichli and nuane. They used to have this really interesting way of burying melodies in their tunes. I guess they sort of do it nowadays but I'd like to see more of that type of songwriting come back to accompany the Confield vibe they are going with on L-event.

Also

Ppl keep mentioning notched snares. How do you hear a notch filter? I can hear bp, lp, hp but notch filters don't seem to do much to the sound in my experience.

think of a 'notch' filter as in what a phaser does but not necessarily moving in time. In this Tuss track it sounds like he's controlling a notch using an LFO on those hihat/noise sounds, and since it's a light notching effect it doesn't sound like a typical phasor has a little bit a of a different sound to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ZgDM_w74Y

ty, I understand now, and that's a cool track.

i listened to this in the dark last night and i was getting some massive h.r. giger vibes.

like i was in a big evil twisted alien machine

I would recommend cruising in a vehicle at about 40 kmh/25 mph in an unlit area alone at night with Recks On playing. The sensation is fuckin' mental.

Guest Rulohead32

Does this remind you of some artwork?

Posted Image

This is the type of coincidence inevitably happening when all of your design tools are squares and nonstandard colors

Ian pls

(sent from my not-Apple device using Talk That Talk Deluxe Edition)

tumblr_muy2smGQr91s8lr5co6_500.jpg

This is the type of coincidence inevitably happening when all of your design tools are squares and nonstandard colors

Ian pls

Also, do these colours remind you of somme things?

Yugo.jpg

Guest Rulohead32

Posted Image

Ian pls

Also, do these colours remind you of somme things?

Posted Image

Oh it seems sean & rob hacked ur website again

I dunno guys but I'm not feeling it on this release, sounds too wooley with too much of the same style of bitcrushed/comb filtered textures and not enough percussion which is where a lot of Exai was going.

Had to listen to the Toronto 2001 set to clear out the cobwebs.

Maybe I need time for it to settle in like most AE stuff.

After seducing my husband's wristwatch and covering up for the Tuesday Massacre I've realized that we're all just sitting inside the anus of a south african camel and huddled around a thrice used teabag waiting to be accepted by the better ones of society also known as the benevolent 'chre and therefore {[·]} myself have inevitably come to the most certain conclusion that everything in L event is equibble to that of a toilet seat cover.

toilet seat covers are good

After seducing my husband's wristwatch and covering up for the Tuesday Massacre I've realized that we're all just sitting inside the anus of a south african camel and huddled around a thrice used teabag waiting to be accepted by the better ones of society also known as the benevolent 'chre and therefore {[·]} myself have inevitably come to the most certain conclusion that everything in L event is equibble to that of a toilet seat cover.

toilet seat covers are good

best review yet

T'as....t'as....t'n ah a h say t'as ias......t' as....

It...'...t..t...t...t..it has certainly been been an exciting 4 tracks. I'm listening to it with some sweet visuals from the first 40 minutes of Oblivion. Cruise Control.

T'as....t'as....t'n ah a h say t'as ias......t' as....

It...'...t..t...t...t..it has certainly been been an exciting 4 tracks. I'm listening to it with some sweet visuals from the first 40 minutes of Oblivion. Cruise Control.

First! ;)

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/79689-new-autechre-ep-l-event/page-46?do=findComment&comment=2075701

Guest transmisiones ferox

Bleep says despatched, hope to get it on monday, have listen to it several times, I think it's quite good !