IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

I have it on Good Authority that L Event is related to Exai, and is a 4 track EP - four more tracks of Exai-ish lushness!

Come to think of it, I think I was told it was a 4 track way back when... damn, getting old sucks when it comes to remembering things! :emotawesomepm9:

4 11-minute tracks, right?

is that a similar experience for others here?

My experience with Exai is that it is too long to bother to listen to repeatedly to see how my opinion of it changes. Looking forward to a short EP.

about Exai.. I like it a lot. Dunno, feels like a very nice mix of advanced technical trickery & laid-back-ness.

"grungy", lol

MOT I hadn't listened to for at least a year, and when I did last week i found it mediocre...

And Oversteps, I don't find the right moment to enjoy that tbh.. too much cheesecake in that one.

so the EP, dunno, lol,

*stares at thread*

i listened to it once when it came out, and had many FUCK YES AUTECHRE moments. but not at all since. i don't know why.

whaddya make of that one?

I haven't listened to it fully for two months, whereas I listened to it fully almost every day for at least 3 weeks after release.

Regardless, I really do think it's a highly creative album, although I'm less giddy about it than I used to be. Agree that Untilted and Quaristice are better.

Tri Repetae on the other hand is bangin' as ever atm.

Edited by Joseph

Yep. Listened to it for the first time in about a month recently. It'd already clicked several times in different ways previously but this time round I was all ----> :ohmy::blink::lol::music:

I am so excite for El Evente!

tumblr_m6gx37B0S91ryj6qoo1_250.gif

Loved Exai, and now very stoked for L Event! The amount of material coming out this time around is enough to make the wait for 2015 not even a thing to consider. Sean and Rob show absolutely zero sign of decline and seem to be on the uptick! Will gladly buy this when it comes out.

Guest bitroast

my god yes.

reading this made me realise how absolutely excellent it is to be an autechre fan right now. there's been a constant flow of output coming from them and it's all been incredible.

I dunno why everyone gets excited over live recordings of electronic music... I'd prefer the pristine quality without the clapping and cheering. Live events are meant to be experienced live, in person.

the reason i would like a live recording release is because there were tunes in the live sets that are awesome but haven't been released yet. i just want to be able to hear those tracks again (in pristine quality without the clapping and cheering) !!

I vaguely remember an interview where they said live shows are meant for a specific time and place and not as a recording to be played everywhere? Something to that effect. So based on that I'm thinking it's not a live thing. I like the name, excited to hear.

Few pages ago (threads like this go so fast) but what I remember about place is that they find the room really important when playing live ("ae live is all about the space, really" or smth along those lines). Yet they also expressed respect for people who wanted pristine soundboard recordings.

They're really very cool about people listening to their stuff the way they like it themselves. They've listened to their own music on laptop speakers, who're they to judge :D

the reason i would like a live recording release is because there were tunes in the live sets that are awesome but haven't been released yet. i just want to be able to hear those tracks again (in pristine quality without the clapping and cheering) !!

That is a stellar live track! Audio+Video combo = Gold

Also, this is great news regarding the new EP!!!!