IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

Guest bitroast

the melbourne show is the best 2010 live recording out there i believe!!

im so happy to have a recording of the machine gun drum track (and of people tripping yelling "i want to know how! i want to know how!" and something along the lines of "it sounds like sound being thrown at one another").

infact, exai listening has temporarily been put on hold... :)

Edited by pigster

i haven't listened to exai for months, much shorter shelf life and 'grower' ability than Untilted, Quaristice and perhaps even Oversteps (although at this point i'd put oversteps on par with exai, exai slightly edging it out)

anybody else experience this? Good time for an EP, hopefully the tracks are more detail oriented if they are only 4. If we get only 4 tracks like Bladelores or Iris was a Pupil i'll be pretty disappointed.

same for me I was happy with Exai for about a week then stopped listening. (Told myself it was produced in a rush as I didn't feel a deeper layer in it that would make it worthwhile) 2 weeks ago I picked it up again (during the time I was a bit surfeited with TH) and I sounded more fresh than ever before. Now I consume it from time to time to not unlike it again.

Exai somehow made my girlfriend like Oversteps. I don't know how that happend but yeah

Edited by o00o

is that a similar experience for others here?

i listened to it once when it came out, and had many FUCK YES AUTECHRE moments. but not at all since. i don't know why.

whaddya make of that one?

same here. I think the fact that Exai and the 2 before that don't have as much of the 'puzzle' effect that i liked so much from Confield or Draft, and it's also not catchy enough to compete with earlier works like Tri Repeate or LP5

Hell yeah that's great. Was thinking this morning about giving Exai another listen...Guess we're all connected to a subconscious Ae fan base !

Exai is like Ae giving their fans a fistbump and then breakdancing in zero gravity with big booties bouncing in the background.

is that a similar experience for others here?

i listened to it once when it came out, and had many FUCK YES AUTECHRE moments. but not at all since. i don't know why.

whaddya make of that one?

same here. I think the fact that Exai and the 2 before that don't have as much of the 'puzzle' effect that i liked so much from Confield or Draft, and it's also not catchy enough to compete with earlier works like Tri Repeate or LP5

maybe you have to spend more time of your life with it, it's filled with puzzle just like the other releases.

i love all autechre but i think the latest albums in their catalog are the best!

bring on ep 11!!!

Guest bitroast

Exai is like Ae giving their fans a fistbump and then breakdancing in zero gravity with big booties bouncing in the background.

wow. yes. this, pretty much.

I'm still loving Exai, I usually put it on to listen to a certain track, then have to listen to almost all of it!

The EP only being 4 tracks raises my hopes that it'll be like Envane was to Chiastic Slide.

I've gone back to Exai after a BoC TH overload and it's complexity and hidden gems are better than ever............................. That what I love about the big WARP players...... listening to one too much is immediately offset by going back and listening to another. This time its Ae and BoC complementing each other rather fucking nicely....

I'm still digesting Exai. Like that fucking savage toothed beast in the desert in Return of the Jedi, it takes me eons to fully swap my digestive juices round an Autechre album (especially a double!), though thats part of the magic.

I love their eps, I seem to wrap my head around them real quick. Autechre pop music. Nice.