IGNORED

New Autechre EP - L Event

kiya

Guest 30equals

Awesome news!! Autechre are too good to us really so conistent with release schedule and with Quality... those fucking guys :wub:

we should send them a thank you gift

:twoism:

In Ae-fashion:

stella.jpg

that's actually fucking bang on

i think this is more suitable for the occasion :biggrin:

2379-2-delirium-tremens-biere-caisse.jpg

Awesome news!! Autechre are too good to us really so conistent with release schedule and with Quality... those fucking guys :wub:

we should send them a thank you gift

:twoism:

In Ae-fashion:

stella.jpg

that's actually fucking bang on

i think this is more suitable for the occasion :biggrin:

2379-2-delirium-tremens-biere-caisse.jpg

lol that looks like fucking Babycham

article-0-057B64760000044D-985_468x514.j

Oh yeah, Delirium Tremens is one of my favorite beers. Just had it last saturday. It's fucking hard to find around here.

My little brother used to call the number 110 "eleventy" when he was a kid (Eleven T -> L even T -> L event)

His reasoning being - Sixty, Seventy, Eighty, Ninety, Tenty (100), Eleventy (110)

is that a similar experience for others here?

i listened to it once when it came out, and had many FUCK YES AUTECHRE moments. but not at all since. i don't know why.

whaddya make of that one?

same here. I think the fact that Exai and the 2 before that don't have as much of the 'puzzle' effect that i liked so much from Confield or Draft, and it's also not catchy enough to compete with earlier works like Tri Repeate or LP5

when are you going to admit that you simply don't like music that much anymore

when are you going to admit that you simply don't like music that much anymore

you raise a good point, but I hope it's not true. I like plenty of older music, but i'm quite a curmudgeon when it comes to most new music.

i'm quite a curmudgeon when it comes to most new music.

This is a fear of mine.

Yeah same here. I have too many friends who are stuck in the 80s or 90s and haven't even heard any music beyond those eras. My theory is that new music isn't as 'good' as old music simply because we haven't had 20 years to build up an emotional connection to it.

This is a fear of mine.

Yeah same here. I have too many friends who are stuck in the 80s or 90s and haven't even heard any music beyond those eras. My theory is that new music isn't as 'good' as old music simply because we haven't had 20 years to build up an emotional connection to it.

My thoughts exactly.

Well I know that perlence sub range 3 and ilanders are both already old enough for me to have a kind of soft nostalgia for them. Like they remind me of shit and are definitely from a different time to me subjectively. Maybe Exai will get that in a few years too.

bladelores 6-36

or, Leterel = L, L Event = remixes of Leterel>?????????????>?!??!!1!!1/1/1/1/ :emotawesomepm9:

but really if it's 4 tracks like JR says then all the awesomes. given the track times of some Exai tracks we could easily get a 30 minute EP.

didn't know about this at all and listened to Exai today whilst traveling, it's still solid. such a good year.

This is a fear of mine.

my theory is that most new music sucks

is that a similar experience for others here?

Oversteps was perhaps the most accessible right off the bat, but also took 100s of listens to work out my favorite tracks.

Exai is great but finding it harder to take in, and feel it slowly opening up. I know deep down i'll like it a lot more as a whole with time, although i haven't thrashed it as much as i did with Oversteps initially.

my general frame of mind was different in 2010

except babycham doesn't have a bad ass faux granite solid bottle

delirium-tremens.jpg

yeah but...it still very much looks like a drink for 'women', to use a stereotype

Delirium is a fantastic beer, no questions

Who is autechre again? This is the Belgian beer forum right?

I have it on Good Authority™ that L Event is related to Exai, and is a 4 track EP - four more tracks of Exai-ish lushness!

Come to think of it, I think I was told it was a 4 track way back when... damn, getting old sucks when it comes to remembering things! :emotawesomepm9:

tumblr_m8rxckxM6W1r9rdxs.gif

not much of a beer snob are we osci, (hands you a warm can of VB)

I remember trying that delerium many years ago, back when i used to try these sorts of things, and not being that happy with it. It coulf have been on the shelf for ever though, so maybe it's nice when it's not sitting in a liquor barn at ambient brisbane temps for a few months.

I have it on Good Authority™ that L Event is related to Exai, and is a 4 track EP - four more tracks of Exai-ish lushness!

Come to think of it, I think I was told it was a 4 track way back when... damn, getting old sucks when it comes to remembering things! :emotawesomepm9:

tumblr_m8rxckxM6W1r9rdxs.gif

well exai was their eleventh album.

With Exai, the first day I was like, cool, this is great stuff. A week later I'd devoured it and lushed out. My obsession with ae helps.

I got into them with Oversteps and I ate through their whole discography in 3 months.

I plan to take the whole day when this comes out, to become one with it. Though I hope it's not September. September's a bad month, got tons of shit to pay for.