IGNORED

Amazon's Autorip

goDel

Just got a mail from Amazon that I could download a bunch of mp3's for free. Mp3's of albums I've bought years ago from Amazon... WTF!?

Nice :)

Disclaimer: haven't actually downloaded yet, so there might be some invisible bears on the road ahead...

Your CD and Vinyl Purchases, Available Everywhere

When you buy an AutoRip-eligible CD or vinyl record from Amazon.co.uk, we’ll give you a digital copy for free so you can start listening before your order arrives. We’ll even put all your previous eligible purchases into your Cloud Player next time you log in, so you can stream or download all the albums you forgot you owned on your web browser, iPhone, Android device or Kindle Fire.

What are the Benefits of AutoRip?

1. Enjoy your music before the CD or vinyl arrives in the post

2. No need to manually copy your CD or vinyl to the computer

3. Get free MP3 versions of all past AutoRip-eligible purchases

4. Access your music on the move with Cloud Player

5. Keep your music safe in Cloud Player

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=2614978031&ref=GB_dm_duo_lm

Bleep, eat your heart out!

Ah yes. OF course. But with Apple you have to rip, or dl it yourself first. If it's not on your comp, or in your itunes bought list, it's not in your cloud. Different to Amazon, right?

edit: plus no cloud-fee from amazon.

Google, dunno.

Guest isaki

do the google play instant mixes and streaming features require a subscription? I can't seem to be able to do anything they showed at I/O

Ah yes. OF course. But with Apple you have to rip, or dl it yourself first. If it's not on your comp, or in your itunes bought list, it's not in your cloud. Different to Amazon, right?

Google, dunno.

Yes, it's a way to put your music in a cloud service without having to upload it if it can find a match. I don't know what the costs are since I don't use either. I also believe Google Music has a 20.000 track limit and the iTunes cloud stuff about 25.000?

Google, dunno.

Yes, it's a way to put your music in a cloud service without having to upload it if it can find a match. I don't know what the costs are since I don't use either. I also believe Google Music has a 20.000 track limit and the iTunes cloud stuff about 25.000?

iCloud has a yearly subscription fee (look at the link you've posted!!!). The limit only counts for the music that wasn't already in the iTunes store. So, if you've got 100K tracks which can be bought from iTunes, they're all in the cloud and you can still upload lots of tracks besides (i thought 15K tracks or something).

Archived