• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

Vocoders

808s

Pitched Down Vocals/Slowed Down Tracks In General

Chopped Vocals

Pitch lfo'd synths/vibrato

Delay & Reverb (this is probably too generic to be a fetish but fuck it)

Also certain groups of notes really get me going but I know shit about music theory so I can't explain it properly.

I love drums/percussion (just beats in general) that have the gain on an enveloper turned way up. That's why Confield is audio sex for me amongst other reasons.

I love beats, abnormality in the beats, just anything hard hitting thats fucking weird.

I love sad, depressing little tracks ambient or not. Doesn't help with my depression but I still love them.

Long, winding, melodies.

Acoustic/electric guitar with rich, warm, floating, heavy effects. Basically anything put through an Eventide Orville.

Heavenly female vocals layered so it's rich in harmony.

Love hazy, warm, distant, sad, hard to explain sounds, things boc, bibio, and clark do.

Guest Rulohead32

Tricky time signatures (although I can't manage to achieve them)

Loud and crunchy beats

Minimalist bass with reverb

The piano sound in µ-Ziq's "Ritm"

The metallic snare on The xx's "Together" or some Aphex songs

Wabby/humid analog synths

Orchestra strings in the climax of any song

Björk

Thom Yorke's voice

Rihanna

Guest koolsamarkand

Shit like Alberto Balsalm, Looped, reverb-laden ambient syrup, weird-ass synth-bugs, Trap beats, long echoes of female vocals, Soundgardens earlier stuff

cheesy synth vibrato

fast low-end chord patterns in classical music

ambient textures consisting of female vocals with lots of reverb

retro music in general

edit: I can second Dorkington's love for hard hitting weird rhythms, and not just in electronic music.

Guest murphythecat8

sexy female vocals, subtle musical phrasing that you have to concentrate real hard to understand (think Legiac), a song that has 3 or more ways to "bounce" on it, multiple melodies interchanging within each other (think kettel), Elvin jones drums on the song OLE coltrane, reverbs, well made delayed effects, but my real fetich above everything else: rap beats with female vocals, think aaliyah!

- the 'djent' guitar tone (ie. when a guitar is played below its normal register and sounds like the word 'bar')

- arpeggios!

- metal screams that are melodic

- blast beats with melodic vocals/instrumentation over the top

- gated snares

- 70s bassdrums (those muffled, yet tight sounding ones like in some Fleetwood Mac songs)

- harmonised guitar solos

- portamento and vibrato on synths

- autotune used as a deliberate effect as opposed to just correction (cf. Skinny Puppy)

- fretless bass through chorus or phaser

- multi-part vocal harmonies

- long, sprawling ambient passages in the middle of non-ambient songs

Actually I've just described the new album I'm working on, haha.

Random music with no ideas that's supposed to be intelligent and you can pretend to understand it and shit on everyone who says they dont understand it.

Archived