IGNORED

looking for that site that generated music description

Jody Dark

so a long while back, someone posted this site that would generate a hilarious fake description of ones music, in the the most pretentious arrogant way possible. i cant even come up with an example because it was so brilliant. something like, "my music is of the purist form, of which is as elegant and thought provoking as it is intelligent." or something like that.

you know?

:sorcerer:

I think you mean the Contemporary Classical Composer Bullshit Generator

I made this thread about it a while back, but it seems the generator has gone offline... :(

You can still read some results in the thread tho.

edit: nevermind what I said above, i found the working link! = http://www.dominicirving.com/cccbsg/

Wow this is brilliant. is this where Squarepusher gets his bumpf from?

"I never suggest movements, despite the fact that any approach or expression can be, and has been interpreted as a rather microtonally-atonal set of 'sound-world-pieces'. It must be remembered that writing fanfares, especially if they are popular (or even generative), should be avoided. This composition opposes all sorts of patterns, before cultivating somewhat post-serially, and finishing with an extremely stereophonic series of 'perception-sounds' (as I like to call them). It has been said that those who transpose a musical composition are unable to dismiss or arrange narratives, at least not dynamically, but I fundamentally disagree. When planning my extended leitmotifs, I often find that visualising a somewhat aesthetic array of musical oscillations helps a great deal. My goal, in essence, is to inform musical dyads."

Archived