IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Virgins

really digging into this now. there's a major ben frost influence. sounds a lot like by the throat. which makes sense as he's worked with frost on this and the last album.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. guys I have to say, this really impressed me. If anyone's noticed I've been bumping most of the 2013 releases in prep for my albums OTY selections and I'm glad I gave this one some time!

As i've said before, I've was very much in the Ehrlichman camp - why is this man famous, but this was a real treat. I hope it'll enrich the previous work too. Good integration of samples, noise, synths and live instruments - none stick out too much but all still feel distinct. Quite hard to pull that off I imagine. I'll be listening to this again and again, thanks guys.

I listen to it on my way home from work, since I have the CD, and in my post-caffeine mania it makes me think about the chaotic, fallen nature of the things I see. How desire ultimately leads to death. That's what I think about when I have it turned up in the TWENTIES in my Honda Element. If you have one you know how high that is. Sometimes I will push it to 30 which is INSANE. I'm driving on the South Side and I don't see flesh, just souls, and they are trying an infinite number of ways and positions to connect with other souls, and getting further away from everything with each attempt.

Then I get home and calm down somehow.

That's all I will say. No need to discuss whether it is better or worse than his previous efforts as that type of discussion is completely worthless and detrimental.

I listen to it on my way home from work, since I have the CD, and in my post-caffeine mania it makes me think about the chaotic, fallen nature of the things I see. How desire ultimately leads to death. That's what I think about when I have it turned up in the TWENTIES in my Honda Element. If you have one you know how high that is. Sometimes I will push it to 30 which is INSANE. I'm driving on the South Side and I don't see flesh, just souls, and they are trying an infinite number of ways and positions to connect with other souls, and getting further away from everything with each attempt.

Then I get home and calm down somehow.

That's all I will say. No need to discuss whether it is better or worse than his previous efforts as that type of discussion is completely worthless and detrimental.

beautiful

I listen to it on my way home from work, since I have the CD, and in my post-caffeine mania it makes me think about the chaotic, fallen nature of the things I see. How desire ultimately leads to death. That's what I think about when I have it turned up in the TWENTIES in my Honda Element. If you have one you know how high that is. Sometimes I will push it to 30 which is INSANE.

the mid 20's are a very special place indeed, reserved only for such beautiful works as this.

I listen to it on my way home from work, since I have the CD, and in my post-caffeine mania it makes me think about the chaotic, fallen nature of the things I see. How desire ultimately leads to death. That's what I think about when I have it turned up in the TWENTIES in my Honda Element. If you have one you know how high that is. Sometimes I will push it to 30 which is INSANE.

the mid 20's are a very special place indeed, reserved only for such beautiful works as this.

Lol

H1R2xVC.jpg

H1R2xVC.jpg

lol

Guest Gravity

^ lol

I have so much love built up inside my scrotum for this man.

Can't wait til I meet him.

He is in for a surprise.

its working, tim. virgins are ready

flol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Saw Tim Hecker last night and he was great. His set was mainly Virgins stuff and there wasn't a huge amount of deviation from those stems, but it was fucking loud and that was good enough for me! Stigmata II is just perfection live.

He dropped in a couple of bits I didn't recognise, one of which was a pulse-y number a bit like Sea of Pulses which sounded good. After a sonic assault he faded out, hit a kill switch and whispered 'thanks' - you could hear a pin drop which was really cool.

Karen Gwyer supported and drew a larger crowd I think, which was surprising. Wasn't really feeling her stuff though.

i love this album, just play this on beast volume and this is the reason 2 get completly drunk and stoned with your friends in the weekends, iv been tripping balls for month's on this

It's an excellent album, but for me he has maybe 3 or 4 which I prefer which is testament to how amazing he is. A true sonic master.

Guest bitroast

Haven't listened to this one too much. Downloaded a leak and there were a few abrupt song transitions, so I figured the tracklist was out of order or there were chunks of audio cut out or something. So I deleted and decided to wait until I pick it up in store.

But I've had 0 luck finding it locally:( I'm still hanging out to get into it proper. Might have to order it online ...

Archived