IGNORED

Tim Hecker - Virgins

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw Tim Hecker last night and he was great. His set was mainly Virgins stuff and there wasn't a huge amount of deviation from those stems, but it was fucking loud and that was good enough for me! Stigmata II is just perfection live.

He dropped in a couple of bits I didn't recognise, one of which was a pulse-y number a bit like Sea of Pulses which sounded good. After a sonic assault he faded out, hit a kill switch and whispered 'thanks' - you could hear a pin drop which was really cool.

Karen Gwyer supported and drew a larger crowd I think, which was surprising. Wasn't really feeling her stuff though.

Now I'm even more excited for saturday. Did he play in complete darkness?

Saw Tim Hecker last night and he was great. His set was mainly Virgins stuff and there wasn't a huge amount of deviation from those stems, but it was fucking loud and that was good enough for me! Stigmata II is just perfection live.

He dropped in a couple of bits I didn't recognise, one of which was a pulse-y number a bit like Sea of Pulses which sounded good. After a sonic assault he faded out, hit a kill switch and whispered 'thanks' - you could hear a pin drop which was really cool.

Karen Gwyer supported and drew a larger crowd I think, which was surprising. Wasn't really feeling her stuff though.

Now I'm even more excited for saturday. Did he play in complete darkness?

He tried to but the Brudenell isn't very big and so there was a lot of light from the exits and the bar. He smoked it out instead.

awesome going to see him on Donaufestival the first time after the show i´m going to take a selfie with him :emotawesomepm9:

he was wearing a bright orange Adebesi beanie hat before the gig I went to, which sadly he took off before going on stage.

awesome going to see him on Donaufestival the first time after the show i´m going to take a selfie with him :emotawesomepm9:

he was wearing a bright orange Adebesi beanie hat before the gig I went to, which sadly he took off before going on stage.

like this ?

post-3435-0-99905900-1396827890_thumb.png

like this ?

attachicon.gifadebesis-tiny-hat-meh-ro50591.png

a cross between that and this

polls_recess_spinelli_4826_421400_answer

LOL I found said hat here...

http://weirdcanada.com/2014/03/ephemera-tim-hecker-on-virgins/

you guys i am a musician with a beanie and i make music i make drone and bass!!! i use sample called the amen cept it's not the regular amen its some monks chanting on a mountain in estonia

DRONE AND BASS

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Virgins was one of my favourite records of 2013, love it!

I'm going to see him sunday in De Vooruit in Ghent, after reading this i think wearing earplugs is required? :biggrin:

Archived