IGNORED

Darren Aronofsky - Noah

Redruth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell Crowe throwing the phone at god after being told he forgot the unicorns was the highlight of the film, if you ask me.

Russell Crowe throwing the phone at god after being told he forgot the unicorns was the highlight of the film, if you ask me.

yeah my favourite scene too ! I laughed so hard with my girlfriend !

Hahahahaha!!!

But seriously, I have no idea what to think about this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trananhhung

I only enjoyed Pi and Requiem. Thought the last three films were pretty awful. Black Swan made me leave the theater. Can only expect the worst from this. And he was such a promising young fellow.

Guest trananhhung

I couldn't stand the handheld camera work. Jesus christ, you're making a film about the production of Swan Lake and you have the camera constantly glued to the actors faces, always shaking, like some CSI episode, with no sense of mise-en-scene, no sense of space. Absolute garbage. And I remember the horror bits that felt totally random and out of place. And Portman masturbating. And the relationship with her mother totally copied from the Pianist. Hated it with a passion.

But the good thing is, I can't remember it very well. Well done, memory!

He should have watched an American in Paris and Red Shoes before doing this garbage. But I get the feeling that Aronosfky is not a film literate, at all!

I couldn't stand the handheld camera work. Jesus christ, you're making a film about the production of Swan Lake and you have the camera constantly glued to the actors faces, always shaking, like some CSI episode, with no sense of mise-en-scene, no sense of space. Absolute garbage. And I remember the horror bits that felt totally random and out of place. And Portman masturbating. And the relationship with her mother totally copied from the Pianist. Hated it with a passion.

But the good thing is, I can't remember it very well. Well done, memory!

He should have watched an American in Paris and Red Shoes before doing this garbage. But I get the feeling that Aronosfky is not a film literate, at all!

Hmm the shaky camera thing has become quite popular hasn't it. I also find it hard to watch at time but didn't find it ruined this film for me. I thtough it was a spectacular film and felt comfortable with the uncomfortable bits (if that makes sense). I think maybe you had a problem with the film because it's very vaginal. Are you afraid of vaginas?

My art has been commended as strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina.

no offense or anything, but that's one of the gayest things I've heard. What does calling art "strongly vaginal" even mean, apart from "you're a huge twat"?

lump, i've noticed you've been wound rather tightly. is your penis twisted knots? have u got the puffy hemorrhoids?

btw, i think natalie portman grinding on her hand parts was essential to the plot-line in black swan, i could be wrong though

Guest zaphod

My art has been commended as strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina.

no offense or anything, but that's one of the gayest things I've heard. What does calling art "strongly vaginal" even mean, apart from "you're a huge twat"?

bahaha imagine if the dude said this

lump, i've noticed you've been wound rather tightly. is your penis twisted knots? have u got the puffy hemorrhoids?

btw, i think natalie portman grinding on her hand parts was essential to the plot-line in black swan, i could be wrong though

Correct. It's showing her sexual awakening and is an external sign of her internal transformation from a girl to a woman.

Guest trananhhung

I think that it’s absurd to make a film about ballet and then reduce it to a sexual discovery banal horror flick. “I good wank will make you the best ballerina, Portman”. Just all around terrible, frankly.

It's about personal transformation which is kind of a big deal. If you don't think it is then don't bother watching anything but Michael Bay films.

(She also goes kinda bonkers which is pretty interesting too)

Guest trananhhung

It’s a shallow and banal horror film, extremely clumsy when dealing with sexual awakening, trying to be more than it is by having Stravisnky’s Swan Lake as an erudite background. It’s closer to a Michael Bay film than you might think.

I could not disagree with you more. Natalie Portman delivered the perfomance of her career (for which she won an Oscar).

It's not a horror film. It's a psychological thriller about someone going insane from the pressure of their career.

Stravinsky’s Swan Lake? :facepalm:

Guest trananhhung

Stravinsky’s Swan Lake? :facepalm:

I'm working here, people. Give me a break. I couldn't stand her performance. Soap opera overacting. But like I said before, I don’t remember it very well. Thankfully.

Archived