IGNORED

David Attenborough & Björk: The Nature Of Music

Redruth

"Presented by famed wildlife broadcaster David Attenborough and Icelandic avant-pop star Björk, the documentary looking at the evolution of music around the world will be shown on Channel 4 this Saturday, 27 July, at 7pm as part of the channel’s Mad4Music season."

[youtubehd]jTZXAgPJnhs&feature=player_embedded[/youtubehd]

I like David Attenborough & Bjork. It should at least be entertaining. I imagine it will be slightly pretentious as well. They should include an Aphex Twin interview in this. He could talk about his new high brow academic type shit, and show off some swag.

I also liked this as well. (David Byrne talks about music)

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_byrne_how_architecture_helped_music_evolve.html

Kinda dreading this. Björk's lovely and all that, and she's produced some excellent albums... but watching her muse on "the evolution of music" is something I really don't think I want to see.

that's not something i don't mind seeing- what i do mind seeing will be lady gaga do the same thing just a few years later

Bowie and afx collaborating will buy me enough time, but it's been a major desire of mine to hear my favorite electronic producers collaborating with more of my favorite artists, like an afx/bjork project. honestly, i do love bjork but i hadnt had much interest in following her stuff lately.. it has seemed, for me, a bit over the top with production/style/sound design, and not enough focus on making beautiful lush imagnitive songs the way i always think of bjork.. too purposely off-beat and jagged, too much attitude and not enough melody for me. of course, i respect her recent stuff as it's still been inventive, cutting edge and adventurous, just that i miss that other side to her. like the vast musical journeying of isobel or oceania.

my dream afx/bjork collabo:

can you just imagine a new, rich project with bjork singing something ultra-melodic/sexy in the vein of big time sensuality or hyperballad over a liquidy afx beat in the vein of metz track or windowlicker or flim?

that would be some eargasm territory i wouldnt even be able to comprehend lol

Kinda dreading this. Björk's lovely and all that, and she's produced some excellent albums... but watching her muse on "the evolution of music" is something I really don't think I want to see.

that's not something i don't mind seeing- what i do mind seeing will be lady gaga do the same thing just a few years later

I'm not sure that could ever happen... at least I hope so! But yeah I guess Björk is about as good a choice as they could make while still retaining reasonable viewing figures. Glad it isn't someone like Chris Martin, which could easily have been the case.

That looks good. I'll have to watch it on demand though, can't stand adverts.

You still get adverts on 4OD, don't you?

I imagine this will be 90% Bjork talking about making music for the elves and butterflies out of respect while David Attenborough nods.

Archived