IGNORED

New Luke Vibert EP - TBA

Herr Jan

All four tracks sound really nice. I'm excited for this. Wish there'd be a wagon christ album though :<

I was going to comment about how we just had one.

But it was actually 2011, thats a lil scary.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All four tracks sound really nice. I'm excited for this. Wish there'd be a wagon christ album though :<

I was going to comment about how we just had one.

But it was actually 2011, thats a lil scary.

Time flies!

We'll be dead soon.

That's depressing... =(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lush sounding stuff! I've heard some unreleased Vibert Jungle, some of which will hopefully come out on this Amen Andrews release. Needless to say it was fucking awesome!

where did you hears this stuff?! Do tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Lush sounding stuff! I've heard some unreleased Vibert Jungle, some of which will hopefully come out on this Amen Andrews release. Needless to say it was fucking awesome!

where did you hears this stuff?! Do tell.

Apologies I can't really give you any useful information. I know someone who knows him. I was at a friend of a friends flat about 6 months ago, there were some Jungle tracks being played and I thought I recognised the style, I raved about them enthusiastically and was informed they were unreleased Vibert gems. All I can say is they straddled the same sort of style used in both his recent Plug output and Amen Andrews moniker. Jungle with elements of Hardcore, familiar samples and proper rinsing styles. I wasn't completely sober and only heard each tune once, there may have been 6 or so in total but it's hard to say. I couldn't tell you anything else more specific. It's possible Luke has loads of tracks in that style and I didn't even hear the ones that are set for this release.

you uploaded that or he did?

wasn't sure who's user account that is for youtube...

also where is the main sample from, anyone know?

Oh yeah sorry, that is my account. The track was played months ago in a FaltyDL mix.

Don´t know about the sample, we have to ask Vibert sample expert Solarion about that one :)

Interesting! Thanks for the up. I find that track pretty trippy actually, around the 3 minute mark when all the warbled vocals come in. Sounds promising to me. Can't wait for the releases!

edit: then again, considering the source was that faltyDL mix, maybe that's part of the mix? seems likely.

and yes Stephen, you're correct about the sample. an album I had, and have in recent times lost. hear at 0:07 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tMFqa_K7bg

the track has some pretty subtle flipping brilliance going on; "nothing but a dream" is from somewhere else i'm not sure of, and I think he's done some pitching down on the Aretha sample to bring it into key.

What's CDR? :mellow:

Chicago Detroit Redruth

I was just thinking I never really listened to Vibert's garage-esque work.

Chicago Detroit Redruth album? That one is just lush, just played it on 3LP a while ago, not my favourite but still so much fun.

also the sample is Aretha franklin, daydreaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tMFqa_K7bg

Nice spotting Stephen, that's definitely Aretha Franklin. Nice track too, cheers :music: he really worked that out nicely.

The Vibert track really has some warm nice vibes too it, one of my favourite Vibert tracks in years actually.

:facepalm: I should have known that was what CDR is lol.

Highly recommended, that album is.

It always amazes me how he works these samples around and makes such brilliant tracks out of them. Seems like a great guy too, seeing the interviews. Would be neat to spark one up with him.

:beer:

S'when is it?

Nobody knows I guess, I´ll try asking Luke about it this friday when he plays in Amsterdam (see live dates & tours thread)

Just uploaded the more or less full Daydreaming track, for the upcoming EP:

This is lush, the small snippet posted at Blueberry was meh. The full track is wicked. I'll be interested to see how much falty DL tweaked this.

Currently, can't f-ing wait for new Vibert.

S'when is it?

Nobody knows I guess, I´ll try asking Luke about it this friday when he plays in Amsterdam (see live dates & tours thread)

addictive!!!!

S'when is it?

addictive!!!!

Very! Still can't stop listening to this... Good Vibesss

Can't wait to see him again tomorrow :music:

Archived