IGNORED

New Luke Vibert EP - TBA

Herr Jan

Maybe I'm missing something, but "Come on my skeleton" seemed an obvious reference to squarepushers come on my selector, in title and even the main riff/ Asian sounding synth reminds me of come on my selector.

Well, Come on my Selector came out in '97, and Drum n' Bass for Papa came out in '96, so that's right around the time he would've been making Plug-style tracks. My guess is like half the the tracks are post-DnBfP stuff that never found an album, and the other half are just old tunes that he never released.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm missing something, but "Come on my skeleton" seemed an obvious reference to squarepushers come on my selector, in title and even the main riff/ Asian sounding synth reminds me of come on my selector.

Well, Come on my Selector came out in '97, and Drum n' Bass for Papa came out in '96, so that's right around the time he would've been making Plug-style tracks. My guess is like half the the tracks are post-DnBfP stuff that never found an album, and the other half are just old tunes that he never released.

That's true.

I think overall it's the way the tracks sound that are throwing me off, a combination of the mastering and less of an amen-fuckery/jungle sound to em'. Truth is, we will never know!

But I can say for sure I've been itching for some new vibert for a while! =)

Did point this out awhile ago, however no one seemed to pick up on it...

''We’ve got some super cool stuff happening this year, albums from Luke Vibert and Solid Groove on Hypercolour amongst many others!'' - April 2013

http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/lukevibert/tracks?rl=1138

Awesome mate, never saw that indeed! An album and an EP by Vibert, I hope it will be in before 2014 because then I can officialy claim that 2013 is the best music year of all time

OF ALL TIEM

Back on Time is definitely old material. He's stated over and over again, that he doesn't have the time or patience to make music like he did with the Drum and Bass for Papa and the 3 ep's. I think it fits in nicely with not only Drum n Bass for Papa, and the Ep's but the 20 or so track Plug had on various compilations.

The song "Drum n Bass" first appeared in a live set from 2001, also.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/release/BBR004/Luke_Vibert_TBA.html

google brings this up. possible tracklisting?

edit: oh shit the audio samples work

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

That first track completely floored me. This'll be one Juicy Luke Vibert EP :music:

edit: googling for that first track, apparently FaltyDL already played it out in a mix last summer... listen/download here:

http://www.xlr8r.com/news/2013/07/download-new-mix-faltydl (the Vibert track is around 29 minutes)

holy crap

wait so is the release only 4 trax? or is that just what they put up as samples =(

Well, it was already announced to be an EP, so 4 tracks is more than decent. Better than the last few Gerald Donald "ep's" anyway... + there will be another Amen Andrews release (probably an EP as well) and a full-length album on Hypercolour, so enough coming up.

All four tracks sound really nice. I'm excited for this. Wish there'd be a wagon christ album though :

True, but these previews do sound like Wagon Christ tracks: hip-hop-ish samply fun, not much acid, lush pads (Brockley Spears also reminds me of Kerrier District). Compare that to the track that you can hear in that podcast from Hypercolour (see above in this topic), that's his typical lush acidy Luke Vibert-alias stuff again.

Anyway, I'm really pumped for all of it. Bring it on Luke!

Where did you hear there would be a full length album>? I missed the announcement!

cheers

Yeah, there wasn't a topic about it, but it was right on this page actually:

Did point this out awhile ago, however no one seemed to pick up on it...

''We’ve got some super cool stuff happening this year, albums from Luke Vibert and Solid Groove on Hypercolour amongst many others!'' - April 2013

http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/lukevibert/tracks?rl=1138

Archived