IGNORED

The Field - Cupid’s Head

Redruth

OQH107Q.jpg

"Axel Willner, a.k.a. The Field, will return with his fourth studio album, Cupid’s Head, on September 30th via Kompakt. The follow-up to 2011′s Looping State of Mind is reportedly much darker in tone than Willner’s past efforts, a shift evident even in the switch from light-colored album art to Cupid‘s depressive grey."

look http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/07/the-field-announces-new-album-cupids-head/

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

excited. love how records get announced and drop sooner these days. no more long waits

I have to add to my previous post. The Field, for me, is one of the best and most consistent acts around over the past few years and I am huge fan of all of his albums. "From Here We Go Sublime" is probably in my top 10 albums ever and the other two would be up there as well.

wonder if he is still using Buzz

From the description it appears he isn't. I'm excited about that actually.

The six-track album is also Willner’s first to be made solely with live instrumentation, a new approach that prompted its fair share of challenges and opportunities.

Live instrumentation... Perhaps Kate Bush will actually sing on this one!

"AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH AWHOEH..."

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

So is this going to sound more like the end of yesterday and today? that sure sounds like live instrumentation

Guest Enter a new display name

I saw The Field in concert for the third time a few months ago, and his liveset was very disappointing. It sounded like boring experimental drone music, but the set ended with a track that still gives me chills today. It sounded like a huge drone with a huge thumping bass. It was so incredible and I hope this is gonna make it to the album.

Disagree about The Field live. Is it the new stuff that he played? When I saw him/them, they played tracks from all 3 albums, inc. a few from the debut, which went down really well.

The whole thing was lively and energitic with huge build ups.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

Yeah, it sounds nothing like his liveset I was complaining about. I particularly dig the sample of the last track.

Archived