IGNORED

So which watmmer's still dislike TCH?

beerwolf

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TH is an album you kind of enjoy while listening to it but forget about it 3 seconds after you are done listening.

Its a weak effort from the same minds that brought us MHTRTC and Geogaddi but you know, not all of them can be winners.

That being said, its much much better than TCH.

Hell maybe when the next album comes out in 10 years it will be a classic!

Edit: @ deer

ohhh mr 303....

Sorry to hear you don't like it. It's one my favorite overall listening experiences, as far as albums go. It doesn't have a lot of standout singles to me, but as an album or... audio storybook in a way... goes, it's great. It tells such a story.

Ultimately, I guess it's not what everyone was looking for. Everyone has different expectations....

Guest RadarJammer

its kind of like those old horror movie's that it borrows inspiration from. watch them more than once in a rare while and they loose all their 70's/80's charm

its an interesting album but it lost its magic real quick after playing it too many times in a short while. i will put it on ice and let the music recharge awhile

Yeah, same here. I may have heard it too many times, still love the album but it doesen't compare to BoC's earlier releases as a whole imo.

Jacquard Causeway, New Seeds, Semena and Nothing is Real are utterly brilliant tracks on their own tough. Up there with Aquarious, Roygbiv, Music is Math etc.

I've listened to it about 15 times now.

Then it might just not be for you. Better to dislike than force yourself liking it.

So there is absolutely no track you like/love on this album? That would be very odd.

I've listened to it about 15 times now.

Then it might just not be for you. Better to dislike than force yourself liking it.

So there is absolutely no track you like/love on this album? That would be very odd.

Bolded statement probably one of the more sane things I've seen posted around these parts for a while.

the only track I really like is Semena Mertvykh, the rest of the album is fairly pedestrian in comparison to the rest of their work (and I'm not even that big of a fan of Geogaddi, btw).

Guest Retrig

Detached. Not into debate or speculation.
It's OK. Cold Earth is pure gold. Gemini is a great start. The rest is pretty underwhelming. Sorry.

Preordered; was stoked. I'm happy, but it's far from their best.
Edit: I loved TCH from the beginning, and it's still better than this.
Edit2: I'll never understand the TCH hate. Beautiful album.

Guest Retrig

People apparently have different taste in music. This is news to me.

Nothing is real.

Cheers. Which is why I don't normally bother with such discussions. Nonsense.

i cant really see any constructive opinions/criticism with peps that dont like it,

because as one stated, they have already expressed why it didn't meet their expectations or met with their displeasure, in other threads already. Sometimes in quite detailed posts. Don't discount them just because they can't be bothered explaining it yet again in yet another thread on the matter.

i cant really see any constructive opinions/criticism with peps that dont like it,

because as one stated, they have already expressed why it didn't meet their expectations or met with their displeasure, in other threads already. Sometimes in quite detailed posts. Don't discount them just because they can't be bothered explaining it yet again in yet another thread on the matter.

IM SORRY

tumblr_lykvo4uT9L1qzhnmco1_500.gif

Guest trananhhung

I agree with who's saying that Palace Posy is terrible. I have the CD on my car and I always skip the track. I don't know if it's the drums or the stupid melody, but something annoys me tremendously about the track. The rest? The stuff dreams are made of. Sick times. :wub:

I agree with who's saying that Palace Posy is terrible. I have the CD on my car and I always skip the track. I don't know if it's the drums or the stupid melody, but something annoys me tremendously about the track. The rest? The stuff dreams are made of. Sick times. :wub:

Palace Posy is probably the most tripped out warbling, off tempo track on TH & the build up of the vocal's are lush, try & give it more time

I think it's enjoyable. I like lush synths, the beats in Cold Earth, etc. etc. Seems like they stopped in their tracks a bit. Like BoC by numbers, dressed in different clothing. Basically, it's easy listening, which is why when people say things like "you can't judge BoC after listening only 40 times, their music contains unfathomable depths" I just have to shake my head, because this is very straightforward electronic music that is very tame. But it's recognizably BoC, everything you'd expect. I think a lot of the excitement of Boards finally coming out with an album gets translated to OMGOMGOMG

I don't know how many different kinds of music people choose to seek out, so I don't know if a lot of people forcibly gushing about this only listen to electronic music or what.

I'm rather enjoying it's simplicity. In fact thats what find refreshing about it. I think its bold and brave for them, they could of easily of sank it in a lot of psychedelic psychobabble but they chose not too. At first I had a problem with that myself but now I've embraced it. Just stripped back BOC, and it works for me.

I'm rather enjoying it's simplicity. In fact thats what find refreshing about it. I think its bold and brave for them, they could of easily of sank it in a lot of psychedelic psychobabble but they chose not too. At first I had a problem with that myself but now I've embraced it. Just stripped back BOC, and it works for me.

yeah good point about the simplicity aspect. Just listen to Nothing Is Real, and you'll notice that there aren't actually too many elements going on, but the way it has been pieced together and the types of sounds used just makes this repetitive track worth listening to again and again.

I was pretty disappointed. I only ended up keeping Reach For The Dead, Telepath, Sundown, Nothing Is Real, New Seeds, and Come To Dust. The rest just didn't do anything for me. I felt that those tracks had much better moods and beats.

yeah good point about the simplicity aspect. Just listen to Nothing Is Real, and you'll notice that there aren't actually too many elements going on, but the way it has been pieced together and the types of sounds used just makes this repetitive track worth listening to again and again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nothing Is Real was a track they made very soon after finishing TCH, since it still has a lot of swirling psychedelic detail going on.

Archived