IGNORED

New Single / Come To Dust / Physical Release 26 Aug 2013

xy_politics

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if it will have the Black Dog mix they tweeted about doing a while back?

Nope. Curious for what will instead be on it though. Hopefully also a new video to go along with it.

I would have preferred "Nothing is Real" as the second single, but I can see why they chose Come To Dust as it bookends Reach for the Dead nicely on the album.

I would have preferred "Nothing is Real" as the second single

same!

same!

Same

same!

same!

Same!

Not sure what the point of BOC singles mean after the album has been released. Unless their some extra goodies...Of which knowing those tight bastards (excuse my french) there wont be much lol

Not sure what the point of BOC singles mean after the album has been released. Unless their some extra goodies...Of which knowing those tight bastards (excuse my french) there wont be much lol

Now that's not really fair - Trans Canada Highway (which could be considered TCHP's single, considering the inclusion of "Dayvan Cowboy" on it, despite coming out several years later) included three new tracks that were NOT on TCHP, and a rather shitty remix :emotawesomepm9:

I'd be happy with new non-album tracks myself, even if just a few.

3-4 songs that don't fit the TH "theme" would be wonderful.

Not meant to be a slam on TH, I'd just love to hear 3 or 4 boc songs that aren't intentionally cut short, and sound more boc-y and less day of the dead-y

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but what is this? It looks like a promo cd on eBay with one track on it. "Come to Dust" and that's it. Is there some announcement I'm not aware of ?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but what is this? It looks like a promo cd on eBay with one track on it. "Come to Dust" and that's it. Is there some announcement I'm not aware of ?

You know.. I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to say it, lest I was being retarded. The pic clearly shows one track. What makes anyone think there will be new material here? I'm not familiar enough with the process to provide any commentary...

You know.. I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to say it, lest I was being retarded. The pic clearly shows one track. What makes anyone think there will be new material here? I'm not familiar enough with the process to provide any commentary...

right? I actually saw this auction a couple days ago, and thought nothing of it. I still don't... again, unless I'm truly missing something.

it says physical release on the sleeve sticker in the bottom right corner of the pic, and atleast recording to a twoism post they played it on bbc radio 6 a while ago and the dj said it was coming out too

and its GOTTA have something new if they're putting out a 12 or 7'' for it

it says physical release on the sleeve sticker in the bottom right corner of the pic, and atleast recording to a twoism post they played it on bbc radio 6 a while ago and the dj said it was coming out too

not necessarily. could be single sided, warp have done this a few times. Geogaddi vinyl has a single sided slab.

not necessarily. could be single sided, warp have done this a few times. Geogaddi vinyl has a single sided slab.

its on a 3LP set full of other music though. i doubt theyd publicly put out a single sided record where the only song on it is already released on something else, then charge $10 for it. itd be a pointless ripoff

its on a 3LP set full of other music though. i doubt theyd publicly put out a single sided record where the only song on it is already released on something else, then charge $10 for it. itd be a pointless ripoff

you underestimate how gullible fanboys/girls can be, methinks.

proof - record store day acetate going on eBay for ridiculous money

Yeah, but those things had a certain novelty for the uber fanboys and the people who bought them smartly took advantage of it but in kind of a predatory way that a retailer wouldn't be able to get away with. Just a 7" with one track the fans already have gives them no incentive to buy it, which defeats the purpose.

Yeah, but those things had a certain novelty for the uber fanboys and the people who bought them smartly took advantage of it but in kind of a predatory way that a retailer wouldn't be able to get away with. Just a 7" with one track the fans already have gives them no incentive to buy it, which defeats the purpose.

it being made by Boards of Canada is incentive enough, especially since it would be a limited release. again, you underestimate the BoC fanboy/girl.

Nope. Curious for what will instead be on it though. Hopefully also a new video to go along with it.

Mind to share with us why you're certain about that mix not being on it? Some knowledge we don't have? Or just some logic we haven't seen ourselves? Please enlighten us beyond the "nope".

4-track ep release date 26th august 2013

1 come to dust lp version

2 come to dust radio edit

3 semena mertvykh extended static version

4 magic window live @ bohemian grove june 9th 1970

pre-ordered before bleep turns to shit!

1970 ! lol

Mind to share with us why you're certain about that mix not being on it? Some knowledge we don't have? Or just some logic we haven't seen ourselves? Please enlighten us beyond the "nope".

According to MDG, who already got a question about that tweet, there is no Black Dog remix. Apparently people often send remixes to the band but they don't get used. It could however still be they in fact have been sent a remix, but with no consequence related to the upcoming single which is a given fact.

Archived