IGNORED

New Single / Come To Dust / Physical Release 26 Aug 2013

xy_politics

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if it will have the Black Dog mix they tweeted about doing a while back?

Nope. Curious for what will instead be on it though. Hopefully also a new video to go along with it.

Mind to share with us why you're certain about that mix not being on it? Some knowledge we don't have? Or just some logic we haven't seen ourselves? Please enlighten us beyond the "nope".

According to MDG, who already got a question about that tweet, there is no Black Dog remix. Apparently people often send remixes to the band but they don't get used. It could however still be they in fact have been sent a remix, but with no consequence related to the upcoming single which is a given fact.

Thanks.

Although I'm not too sure about MDG's trackrecord. Even if he does have the connections and tells the 'truth'....

Wonder if it will have the Black Dog mix they tweeted about doing a while back?

Nope. Curious for what will instead be on it though. Hopefully also a new video to go along with it.

Mind to share with us why you're certain about that mix not being on it? Some knowledge we don't have? Or just some logic we haven't seen ourselves? Please enlighten us beyond the "nope".

According to MDG, who already got a question about that tweet, there is no Black Dog remix. Apparently people often send remixes to the band but they don't get used. It could however still be they in fact have been sent a remix, but with no consequence related to the upcoming single which is a given fact.
Thanks.

Although I'm not too sure about MDG's trackrecord. Even if he does have the connections and tells the 'truth'....

I wouldn't have thought people were still going to doubt his quotes after the whole viral campaign and his part in it. MDG = 200% legit. Never in all the past years has he had the intention to misled us or tell lies. Somethings he said were merely postponed out of his and the band's control. That's not undermining his legitimacy in my opinion.

Tbh, i havent really followed any mdg after his 'news' about releases and what not years ago. Apparently he's still online and all... Must be a twoism thing, i guess. So what was his part in it? I'm sure I haven't been the only one not reading up on twoisms.

I've never questioned his intentions btw, just his trackrecord. And with good reason. It's nothing personal. Just doing the math.

Also, what track did the black dog make a remix of? An old track, or a still to be released track? If tbd was send some unreleased track to remix, why on earth would they not release it? Apart from boc /warp sending out an unreleased track to other producers to do a remix...which i think is unlikely in and of itself, btw. And i think it's just as unlikely tbd remixing a boc track and tweeting about it just for the sake of it. (I'm not saying there's going to be a tbd remix on the new ep, btw! Just going through the logic here))

I do however have more trust in the trackrecord of tbd than that of mdg. But that's without reading up on all the twoism gossips. So feel free to fill up my hole of missing knowledge here.

Tbh, i havent really followed any mdg after his 'news' about releases and what not years ago. Apparently he's still online and all... Must be a twoism thing, i guess. So what was his part in it? I'm sure I haven't been the only one not reading up on twoisms.

I've never questioned his intentions btw, just his trackrecord. And with good reason. It's nothing personal. Just doing the math.

Well not reading up on bocpages either then? The website? The facebook and/or twitter account? I've been 'blogging' about the whole viral campaign like a madman for over 50 days in a row...

Anyways read this section: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Cosecha_Transmisiones#Messageboard

It's MDG who contacted me and Robin (admin of twoism.org) to put in one of the clues on our messageboard. If that doesn't proof he is legit nothing will. :-)

And you say it's with good reason? I don't think so as nothing he ever said were complete lies, especially if you take into account things can and will sometimes get postponed out of your own control. You can't really blame him for that. He is just trying to be as informative as he can and I think the most of us appreciate that.

But enough of this, I really hoped people would stop doubting MDG after the viral campaign. So yeah no more convincing from me. I know he is who he claims to be and have known this for years, see the statements page: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Statements_from_Hexagon_Sun

Also, what track did the black dog make a remix of? An old track, or a still to be released track? If tbd was send some unreleased track to remix, why on earth would they not release it? Apart from boc /warp sending out an unreleased track to other producers to do a remix...which i think is unlikely in and of itself, btw. And i think it's just as unlikely tbd remixing a boc track and tweeting about it just for the sake of it. (I'm not saying there's going to be a tbd remix on the new ep, btw! Just going through the logic here))

I do however have more trust in the trackrecord of tbd than that of mdg. But that's without reading up on all the twoism gossips. So feel free to fill up my hole of missing knowledge here.

I don't know if they made a remix and if they did we don't know what track either. Released or unreleased, also unknown. It would be stupid if they just tweeted for the lols indeed. That's really frowned upon by a lot of people. One simply does not mock the boc! :-)

So I wouldn't be that fast to state TDB's track record is to be trusted more than MDG's. But to each his own opinion of course.

Perhaps there is still a very slight chance MDG hasn't been told either about The Black Dog remix. And that it still might see the light of day the 26th of August. That would be a surprise. But I'd only give that a 5% chance really.

Haha

Ok

Ok

We have just different views on what a track record is. Again, it's nothing personal (=nothing about mdg's intentions or his person in general). It's just adding the numbers about claims made about to be released albums. My only boc-feed is watmm. And that's more than enough, i believe. I don't care about one single second without having all the boc knowledge. I guess I'm not fan enough, or something.

From an oitsiderspoint of view it's just odd for tbd releasing a statement about finishing a remix without any real follow up.

Edit: frowned upon by a lot of people? Who are these people? The secret boc police? Are we being wire tapped? I honestly dontthink too many people outside of twoism actually give that much of a shit...

Haha

Ok

Ok

We have just different views on what a track record is. Again, it's nothing personal (=nothing about mdg's intentions or his person in general). It's just adding the numbers about claims made about to be released albums. My only boc-feed is watmm. And that's more than enough, i believe. I don't care about one single second without having all the boc knowledge. I guess I'm not fan enough, or something.

From an oitsiderspoint of view it's just odd for tbd releasing a statement about finishing a remix without any real follow up.

Edit: frowned upon by a lot of people? Who are these people? The secret boc police? Are we being wire tapped? I honestly dontthink too many people outside of twoism actually give that much of a shit...

I perfectly understand the meaning of track record, but you seem to deliberately read past my text about postponing stuff out of the band's control. That makes a huge difference in some of his claims not fulfilled in the timeframe he initially suggested. So that doesn't make him a less trusty source. But please do correct me if we are not on the same level.

Maybe TBD were silenced because they shouldn't have revealed it. Maybe they did send in a remix but it got rejected and now they keep silent about it because they are a bit ashamed. I wouldn't like to have 'bragged' about something and then got rejected. Don't sell the bear's skin before you shot him!

And fans do care, also on this very forum. Do remind the outrage the first of April jokes stirred in the past or the times Joyrex made some false humorous claims. It's definitely not a Twoism thing. Or recall the Fact magazine incident just a week or two before Record store day incident. Allegedly they got serious hate for that on their social media outlets.

Throughout the years trolls in the boc sections of the net are definitely frowned upon.

MDG is legit. Some things that he said in the past turned out not to be true (or not true in the time frame he suggested), not because he was lying, but because plans changed. I think he was trying to throw a bone to fans who were demanding news only to have it splash back in his face. My guess is that he (they) learned a lesson from that experience and were thus much quieter in the time since he made those statements.

As for the single, I think people are assuming that there must be bonus material on the release because there would be no point to spending money on the physical release of a song that everybody already owns. It's not like they get regular radio play. Hopefully Oscillik is wrong and there will be some goodies. But I wouldn't put it past Warp to turn logic on its head and try to milk this release one more time. Maybe they'll throw in some "art cards" or other useless bullshit.

Or recall the Fact magazine incident just a week or two before Record store day incident. Allegedly they got serious hate for that on their social media outlets.

Just out of curiousity- what happened with the Fact Mag? Did they spoiled the fun to early or did they made something that could have kicked out the campaign?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but what is this? It looks like a promo cd on eBay with one track on it. "Come to Dust" and that's it. Is there some announcement I'm not aware of ?

That's a radio promo, which typically will just feature the main track meant for radio airplay - I will be surprised if there is nothing more than just the one featured track on the retail EP.

So it's just Come To Dust on one side, and blank on the other side?

No, there's actual dust on the other side.

FLOL

Or recall the Fact magazine incident just a week or two before Record store day incident. Allegedly they got serious hate for that on their social media outlets.

Just out of curiousity- what happened with the Fact Mag? Did they spoiled the fun to early or did they made something that could have kicked out the campaign?

Fact Mag did nothing other than have a bit of fun with April Fools Day. They got a shit fuck ton of hate over it from a bunch of over zealous fanboys/girls that are honestly incredibly scary. They got death threats over a fucking April Fools Joke. Played on on April Fools Day.

So yeah, Fredd-E - BoC fans frown upon things. And maybe those BoC fans should get some perspective. Same as with the whole Mike P / Lara tapes bullshit. They got threats for that too, and it's pathetic.

I perfectly understand the meaning of track record, but you seem to deliberately read past my text about postponing stuff out of the band's control. That makes a huge difference in some of his claims not fulfilled in the timeframe he initially suggested. So that doesn't make him a less trusty source. But please do correct me if we are not on the same level.

OK, I beg to differ. IMO, it doesn't matter whether or not claims being fulfilled were out of his/their control. My view is very simplistic: if someone makes a claim about some new release, what are the odds that release will actually see the light of day in a year (regardless of control/influence)? If we made a bet about it, who will get the money in 12 months? Up until now, you're obviously likely to win some when you bet against what MDG says when it comes to new releases.

Again, I'm not claiming he isn't legit or anything. As far as I'm concerned he's either Mike, Marcus or both. Really doesn't matter. It has no influence on the statistics, so to speak.

So if you put the statistics of TBD besides the MDG statistics, you should place your bet on TBD (event though MDG might actually have legitimate inside knowledge!). This is just using statistics like a poker player.

I guess I'm a bit too "economic" about it.

And lots of bearskin has been sold without actually delivering when it comes to BOC. I mean, this is obvious, right? Not sure why TBD has to be careful about selling bearskin when BOC themselves have such a poor record. Whether or not that was out of their control is irrelevant, imo. There wouldn't be a (metaphorical) bet, if there was a clause about the bet being dropped when something happens out of their control. (They're not kids anymore, right?)

edit.: in case anyone is wondering; yes, the obvious conclusion is anyting boc/mdg say about a future boc-release is a BAD predictor. At least when it comes to the temporal aspect of it.

Yes, people, it's all in the statistics. Would have thought you BOC-nuts would have wet your pants on it.

edit2: do you think I'm scared about some brony farts?

*shivers*

;D

Guest Gravity

Come on, they need to release some more tracks after such a long absence for fook's sake. At least a decently sized EP soon or something.

They need to start hanging out with AE.

So then all mdg needs to do to restore your 'faith' in him is simply come out and state what's going to be on the EP, since we know when it's coming out, but not what's going to be on it, right? Then he'll be considered 'reliable' again in your jaded eyes?

If I were mdg I wouldn't waste my time. I think he learned all too well that his best intentions would be met with vitriol and anger if anything less than what was rumoured did not come to pass.

LOL

my jaded eyes? so when it comes to BOC people either have the options of being jaded or completely f-ed up mental fan bois?

It doesn't matter what MDG says at this point. The date is already out. And MDG has nothing to do with it. Statistics have proven their worth again! Hurrah!

Joyrex, we understand that yourself and Fredd-E cannot say anything that reflects in any light other than 'positive' when it comes to this subject, but please do not expect the rest of us to act like sycophants.

The fact of the matter is, MDG has a bad track record when it comes to reliable information pertaining to 'upcoming' releases. This is fact, as defined by the meaning of the phrase 'track record'.

My mentioning of the word 'faith' is regarding the clearly blind faith that yourself, and many others, seem to have for The Brothers and anyone closely linked to The Brothers, and anything they say. For you to say what you have just said is quite honestly a bit insulting, because in your words we are jaded just because we see the facts as they are?

seriously. this is cult like behaviour.

Archived