IGNORED

New Single / Come To Dust / Physical Release 26 Aug 2013

xy_politics

And all of a sudden I remember once more why I stopped being active on this board.

I find it rather insulting you calling me a sycophant, but to be honest I don't feel like arguing about it anymore with you guys.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all of a sudden I remember once more why I stopped being active on this board.

I find it rather insulting you calling me a sycophant, but to be honest I don't feel like arguing about it anymore with you guys.

fine. we are both offended by each other's assertions.

and that really is fine, because we are entitled to an opinion. yours is that no wrong can be done or said by all those involved with the band, and mine is that those who blindly follow such stuff are suffering from some kind of weird cult like syndrome.

LOL

my jaded eyes? so when it comes to BOC people either have the options of being jaded or completely f-ed up mental fan bois?

It doesn't matter what MDG says at this point. The date is already out. And MDG has nothing to do with it. Statistics have proven their worth again! Hurrah!

You're going to extremes (again) - I'd hardly call having a 'jaded' POV about BOC as extreme as a 'fucked up mental fanboy' - I am simply pointing out how you and others are unusually eager to take the piss out of anything related to mdg, BoC, etc. - similar to other members who seem hell-bent on pissing all over the latest big budget blockbuster (before they've actually seen the movie, of course), all in the interest of maintaining an air of 'disinterest' over something.

Sure, the date is already out - but mdg not having anything to do with it? Are you so sure of that?

You still refuse to acknowledge the FACT that despite mdg's efforts to provide fans with what little info he could at the times he did, circumstances changed, and the detractors like yourself seem hell-bent on pointing to this as damning evidence of his supposed lack of being reliable.

Joyrex, we understand that yourself and Fredd-E cannot say anything that reflects in any light other than 'positive' when it comes to this subject, but please do not expect the rest of us to act like sycophants.

The fact of the matter is, MDG has a bad track record when it comes to reliable information pertaining to 'upcoming' releases. This is fact, as defined by the meaning of the phrase 'track record'.

My mentioning of the word 'faith' is regarding the clearly blind faith that yourself, and many others, seem to have for The Brothers and anyone closely linked to The Brothers, and anything they say. For you to say what you have just said is quite honestly a bit insulting, because in your words we are jaded just because we see the facts as they are?

seriously. this is cult like behaviour.

There you are way off base - I can't speak for Fredd-E personally, but I can assure you, I have voiced negative opinions about BoC (especially surrounding the delays of the album when I wasn't aware of what the situation was), just like I'll say anything I want about Richard, WARP, Rephlex, etc. - WATMM exists in honour of their work, and not an extension of any perceived 'mouthpiece' or 'outlet' for the bands we cover.

If you look back at statements mdg made regarding the album, the closest he ever came of a date was phrases like 'this year' - he's not making the damn album, so he could only go by what BoC told him at the time - I will say it didn't help matters when the year ended and no album materialized that he didn't pop back and say 'oh, sorry it didn't happen when the band expected it to, but rest assured they're hard at work on it' or something to that effect.

I labeled you as 'jaded' due to what I said above - and to even imply 'cult-like behaviour' is more evidence of your sour, JADED viewpoint on the matter. It's a band, ffs - the lofty expectations some have had surrounding BOC and this album meant nothing but disappointment for those taking that approach.

Wait for the fucking single to come out - if there's more than just the single track, great - if not, then whatever - it's another bit for BOC fans to collect, and something else for people to whinge on about as if BOC owed them something.

Now, if MDG came on here (or Twoism, or any of their official outlets for info) and said "Oh, the single will feature remixes of CTD from The Black Dog, Daft Punk, and My Bloody Valentine, all wrapped in the sarape of an native american indian, woven from the chief's wife's pubic hair, hand-numbered by Mike's first born in turquoise crayon" and that didn't happen, then I will proudly get in line with the rest of you and poo-poo a guy who just wanted to give fans a bit of info when he felt it was possible to do so.

fine. we are both offended by each other's assertions.

and that really is fine, because we are entitled to an opinion. yours is that no wrong can be done or said by all those involved with the band, and mine is that those who blindly follow such stuff are suffering from some kind of weird cult like syndrome.

Please quote my post in this thread where my assertion offended you (personally or not). I only replied to posts by goDel.

to joyrex - simple question: do you denounce the notion that there are cult-like fans on this forum and elsewhere on the internet?

because that's who my tirade was aimed at.

Also Fredd-E - you should re-read my tirade, since I never called you or Joyrex a sycophant. re-read and understand the context.

edited due to response above mine which I refuse to answer since everyone here has already made their minds up.

to joyrex - simple question: do you denounce the notion that there are cult-like fans on this forum and elsewhere on the internet?

Also Fredd-E - you should re-read my tirade, since I never called you or Joyrex a sycophant. re-read and understand the context.

edited due to response above mine which I refuse to answer since everyone here has already made their minds up.

In the bit below I thought you most definitely implied me and Joyrex being sycophants. I don't even have to read between the lines to interpret it like that I'd say. But if it wasn't meant like that than I retract my statements about this.

Joyrex, we understand that yourself and Fredd-E cannot say anything that reflects in any light other than 'positive' when it comes to this subject, but please do not expect the rest of us to act like sycophants.

In the bit below I thought you most definitely implied me and Joyrex being sycophants. I don't even have to read between the lines to interpret it like that I'd say. But if it wasn't meant like that than I retract my statements about this.

so by my saying that joyrex shouldn't expect us to act like sycophants, I'm calling you a sycophant?

I know my English can be bad, but it's not that bad...

1. Come To Dust

2. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

3. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

4. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

5. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

6. Come To Dust (PVT Remix Instrumental)

Is it safer to talk about politics than discussing BOC, one might wonder.

Sometimes I believe it is.

*pulls an Obama*

Change we can believe in? only if it's a positive word being said...

LOL

Lovely idea, but I'll be sticking to statistics today. Apparently being rational is equal to being jaded today.

;D

*jades away into the night like a bruce lee chasing a bocboc-chicken*

1. Come To Dust

2. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

3. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

4. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

5. Come To Dust (PVT Remix)

6. Come To Dust (PVT Remix Instrumental)

I'm seriously hearing the sounds of shit hitting the fan because you left out the "Bitten by The Black Dog" mix.

so by my saying that joyrex shouldn't expect us to act like sycophants, I'm calling you a sycophant?

I know my English can be bad, but it's not that bad...

Yes, you totally called us sycophants - by implying we cannot say anything that reflects in any light other than 'positive' and then mentioning sycophantry and the expectation for the rest of you not to (act like joyrex and Fredd-E).

Do some people on here have a cult-like devotion to [insert electronic music artist name here] - of course - that rabid fandom is both a positive and a negative thing, depending on the context. The key is in what context that enthusiasm is projected.

By the way, I have heard* that the EP will feature special "Come to Dust" remixes in the vein of Magic Window.

*no, not really

no I didn't call you both sycophants. I should know, I wrote it.

I said don't expect us to act like sycophants. before this, I said that I know that you both cannot say a bad word about The Brothers.

All this over a promo single (or whatever this thing is) for a track already on the album.

WAS IT WORTH IT?

if you think this is over a promo single, you're clearly not reading. you're just looking at words.

I said don't expect us to act like sycophants. before this, I said that I know that you both cannot say a bad word about The Brothers.

I suggest you reread what you wrote, because it's painfully obvious to anyone who understands grammar that you did indeed imply we were sycophants, and not to expect you to be like us (the sycophants).

I also suggest you look at my posts in regards to the lack of information regarding a new album - I wasn't exactly complimentary towards "The Brothers", LOL.

I think your personal disappointment in Tomorrow's Harvest (and perhaps your expectations were a bit too high that nothing they could have released would ever meet them) is what's fueling this dour attitude over a single that's not even out yet, and none of us know what's going to be on it (other than the title track).

But you could at least admit your sentence was open for interpretation. Ambiguously formulated to say the least.

I more than often have voiced my opinion on this board and on Twoism too. I will not only talk positively just because I maintain bocpages. Has it ever even occurred to you I don't feel the need to talk bad about them just because for the very simple fact they haven't done me any harm so far? And I mean harm in a broad sense of course. They have not told me some gruesome lies or neglected me in any possible way. On the contrary rather I'd say their Hexagon Collective has been really great for the boc community. I'm sorry they let you down on numerous occasions though. Tough luck?

Also may I suggest you answer my post in this tread: Is TH "cheap"?

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?/topic/79613-Is-TH-%22cheap%22%3F/page__view__findpost__p__2044257

It is a direct answer to your statement which I honestly think is false and which apparently is also one of the pillars of your negative feelings towards MDG and the likes. You might want to reconsider some of your judgments.

All this focus on a "track record" and "statistics" seems like an excessive amount of scrutiny for one person trying to share a little information about a band, no? Have you never said something that turned out to be untrue despite your best intentions? Did people rush to point out exactly how wrong you were, how many times you were wrong, and why they will never trust anything you say ever again?

While it is certainly true that there is fanboyism surrounding this band that can, at times, be a little frightening, it is also true that there are those who are equally devoted to always criticizing and complaining about every single minute detail concerning this band which is also a little frightening. I don't think BOC can make a font choice without some of you rushing to declare how trite, predictable, or generally unsatisfying it is.

Most BOC fans are probably somewhere in the middle, casually listening to and from time to time getting excited about BOC just as they do with the other music they enjoy. But those are not the voices that rise to the top on messageboards. Messageboards, it seems, are strictly the domain of (1) fanboys foaming at the mouth and (2) professional misanthropes who derive joy from bitching about everything.

Given these realities, only one conclusion seems possible: those who perpetually lambaste the "cult-like behavior" of boc fans are themselves devoted fanboys who are driven to extreme emotion by even the smallest murmur from the boc camp. Why else would these folks continue to visit a messageboard full of people whose behavior they dislike and spend hours expressing such strong opinions about a band that continually disappoints them?

edit: Alzado grammar not good.

the single will feature remixes of CTD from The Black Dog, Daft Punk, and My Bloody Valentine, all wrapped in the sarape of an native american indian, woven from the chief's wife's pubic hair, hand-numbered by Mike's first born in turquoise crayon

ID-BUY-THAT-FOR-A-DOLLAR.jpg

his best intentions would be met with vitriol and anger

There's something hilarious about that phrasing! It makes me think of him as some kind of harmless wanderer whistling a happy tune whilst walking into an angry mob wielding pitchforks and torches.

1. Come To Dust

2. Come To Dust (Fatboy Slim's infinite moronic happiness mix)

3. Come To Dust (Aphex Twin's whole track compressed into 1/8 of a second bip mix)

4. Come To Dust (Autechre's take 1/8sec bip and construct an epic 8 minutes track mix)

2. Come To Dust (Cradle Of Filth's Filthy Cradle Mix)

his best intentions would be met with vitriol and anger

There's something hilarious about that phrasing! It makes me think of him as some kind of harmless wanderer whistling a happy tune whilst walking into an angry mob wielding pitchforks and torches.

Isn't that what entering the BOC forum is like? :emotawesomepm9:

Archived