IGNORED

Ben Stiller - The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

Redruth

"An office worker who lives inside fantasy worlds where he gets to live an adventurous life while romancing his co-worker sets off a global journey to fix things when both of their jobs are threatened."

[youtubehd]cZZGfux58LI[/youtubehd]

Ben Stiller - Walter Mitty

Shirley MacLaine - Edna Mitty

Kristen Wiig - Cheryl Melhoff

Patton Oswalt - eHarmony Counselor/Todd Mahar

Adam Scott - Ted Hendricks

Kathryn Hahn - Odessa

Josh Charles - Phil Melhoff

Terence Bernie Hines - Gary Manheim

Sean Penn - Sean O'Connell

Adrian Martinez

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359950/?ref_=ttco_co_tt

i remember reading the story and watching the older movie (was it made inthe 1950s?) and it was pretty funny.

Good thing they put Ben Stiller in this one to fix that.

flol

yeop.

I'm not it's target market so that's ok. You need to do more research Troon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drukqs

I actually feel like this movie could be a really good one. Ben seems like he's growing as an actor, and I've always found him at least moderately entertaining. He was good in Arrested Development, Greenburg, and so on. Plus it reminds me of my English teacher, who has had a pretty amazing life and actually kind of looks the way Stiller does in this movie. Hell, they should have gotten him to play it.

Guest zaphod

in all honesty though i just want to punch stiller in the face and this movie looks twee as fuck. there's also something vaguely creepy about a middle aged guy still pining after an office worker and getting picked on and just wanting to escape. haven't read the story this is based on but IMO it's probably bad.

Guest drukqs

in all honesty though i just want to punch stiller in the face and this movie looks twee as fuck. there's also something vaguely creepy about a middle aged guy still pining after an office worker and getting picked on and just wanting to escape. haven't read the story this is based on but IMO it's probably bad.

It's a short story, and it's actually really famous, I'm surprised they didn't teach it in your English class in high school. Either way, this looks like a really creative and well done reimagining of the story; applied to a modern setting where no one really lives anymore, where we just choose the life that's cut out for us.

Hopefully it'll inspire the young'ns and cause an economic collapse in western society 'cause they all leave the cities and go out to travel out of their backpacks. I would lol.

Guest drukqs

man that joke at the end. he'll take the red one. lol LA LA LA

I've heard that that's supposed to be a cheeky matrix reference disguised as 'quirky' dry humor. But that's just what I've heard lol.

Guest zaphod

they didn't teach this story in ap english lit. for what it's worth, i wouldn't have read it anyway, barely read anything i was assigned in high school.

Tired of the this-is-going-to-be-an-epic-and-mind-expanding-journey tracks they put in these trailers.

Fucking hell yes.

Makes me want to vomit into the upturned face of an innocent doe-eyed child.

they didn't teach this story in ap english lit. for what it's worth, i wouldn't have read it anyway, barely read anything i was assigned in high school.

"awww, what a widdle rebel young zaphod was!" *pinches cheek*

Guest zaphod

if jackin' it to mtv's the grind, weekend long d&d sessions and marathoning perfect dark multiplayer is rebellious, i was paul fucking revere.

i still remember the first time i beat a deathmatch with 8 dark sims in perfect dark, i was running around the room silently fistpumping with eyes so pink from getting high and glaring at a screen for 12 hours they looked like they were bleeding. good times.

i still never managed to finish WAR on perfect agent in time for the cheat though, got every single other one. did my tits in.

Archived