IGNORED

Plaid's 808 for sale

TechDiff

Plaid are getting rid of their 303 and 808?!

:cry:

This is what I was thinking!

Reconsider lads, it will just end up in the hands of some rich gobshite that cant use it anyway.

no use hoarding them if they don't use them anymore. When was the last time they used 808 sounds in a track?

But now the answer to "whens the next time they'll use and 808 in a track?" is never. :(

Not really though, because its probably the easiest thing to get samples of.

I'm also disturbed by this. I really hope there isn't anything bad going on with Plaid. These listings and that kinda depressing interview from a few weeks ago has me a bit worried.

Guest RadarJammer

i can't stand having a bunch of shit laying around I don't use. i'd rather throw an 808 away than keep it in storage in the hope that i might use it again. lingering material possessions cloud the mind.

from that interview posted above...

What has been the hardest part of your artistic career?
Financial pressure is by far the most difficult aspect of being an artist. There's really not much money to be made and this is a constant struggle. Consumers see the cost of music and think that artists must be wealthy but such a small percentage of this income makes it back to the creators. Most is taken by labels and distributers. In the last 10 years or so we've also been hit by the free distribution of our work. Our releases are available widely free on the day of release and this has had a huge impact. Our fan base also tends to be quite technically aware and so we started to feel the effect earlier than artists working in other areas of music.

Edit: on a more serious note, it's kinda odd that a band like Plaid has to work ( release music) to be able to come by financially, while BOC .... Doesn't appear to have that need at all. Makes me wonder whether having your tracks used in commercials of global corporations generates lots of money. That, or the Boc commune doesn't need lots of money. You might think that if Plaid were having troubles, the same would hold for BOC. At least, I'm assuming both are big enough to compare them, right?

Archived