IGNORED

process

not_vikur

PSF: Some sort of psychological consistency.
Yes, something Autechre are very good at. They move on, but all their albums tend to have a process going through them. And I really admire that. That's the kind of music that I enjoy making. Rather than creating one song, and then another song, and then another song and hoping they kind of go together, I'd much rather try and create something which has a process and a thought going through the whole thing.

my quiz question is who said that? i think i remember from interview they(ae) said that envane ep was made from same formula and it was really an ep of remixes - weird.

• 1 month later...
Guest contrapunctus

Mark Clifford-Seefeel

google search fools

and there was some sort of mathmatical link to all of the songs on envane

it's a nice observation. autechre often seem to have this almost-but-not narrative thing going on in their stuff... more so in thier later stuff. i think it has a lot to do with why some people tend to have very specific visual sort of trains of thought when listening to them.

ae can't leave a loop alone for more than a couple of bars without feeling the need to subtly alter it, and it's part of what i love about em.

Guest yeesland

i think the word 'loop' would gross autechre out

makes it sound like they're using garage band or something

from what i've read in interviews, they tend to describe their music in terms of events

• 2 weeks later...

Archived