IGNORED

Post Visual Art That You Have Always Enjoyed Or That You Have Just Discovered

Redruth

Julie Mehretu - always thought her stuff was like visual braindance. More impressive when you find out tons of her stuff is 20+ feet wide. 

82c9458d2edda1fcec691dc8e6583065.jpg

25_mehretu06_Berliner_Plaetze_detail.jpg

larger.jpg

Julie-Mehretu-2-1024x700.jpg

do you mean like 90s idm or confield or what? Cause I could see it as 90s idm "texture vs. being the best midi ever" philosophy

Hieronymus Bosch

He lived in 15th century and already made craziest surreal pictures long before Dalí and all those fuckers

enlarge image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_by_Bosch_High_Resolution_2.jpg

The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights_by_Bosch_

dafuq... the upper right corner is the cover of "into the pandemonium" from celtic frost, never noticed before XP...

um yeah.

i like this photograph by fabrice fouillet (main credit should probably go to the architect tho):

55bf3b7c599777661ba73c480ec9be55.jpg

Edited by jaderpansen

79a3cd3ba5bc5777f5bce01b1e3e1909--underw

man I loved Lassen's art as a kid - bled over to Magic Eye books, Trapper Keepers, Lisa Frank stuff, etc.

that's the stuff that you'd see on a hipster tshirt back when that was wasn't cool

Edited by yek

Jesse Kanda+ Sam Rolfes!!!

some paintings/ drawings in my 2018 inspo folder

0ce2c3cd85175241929743dda3911fbc.jpg

unkown Russian painter
9cef7e7cfbbfdcd5565ff2e9a8dc5cbf.jpg

Euan Uglow
Diebenkorn_Cityscape_1_1963.jpg
Richard Diebenkorn
isaac_levitan_03_04.jpg
isaac_levitan
Ivan_Shishkin.jpg
Ivan Shishkin
Lautrec_in_bed_1893.jpg
Toulouse LauTrec
Untitled_2.png
Ignasi Monreal
Untitled_3.png
Christian Van Minnen
Untitled_6.png
Juan Ruiz   :wub:  :wub:
Untitled_7.png
Velvet CSX
Untitled_8.png
Sainer Etam Cru
Untitled_10.png
Euan Uglow
Untitled_12.png
Sean Norvert
Untitled_13.png
Sebas Velasco
Untitled_14.png
Zoer CSX
Untitled_18.png
Richard Diebenkorn
Edited by Lewps
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

man I loved Lassen's art as a kid - bled over to Magic Eye books, Trapper Keepers, Lisa Frank stuff, etc.

yo thanks for reminding me about magic eye, had completely forgot about it and only had a little postcard from back in the day with a dinosaur on it but just googled it and in the web there's millions obviously, such amazoness :^D

just discovered this book:

I became friends with the Janitor at my community college and brought this book up to him after a highschool friend raved about its greatness; Janitor dude gave me his copy. My grandfather loves it and wants to have a geeze when ever he's over.

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/M7Qm_UJML54

Sci-fi book art is so great. There's lots of outstanding artists and tons of copping art from elsewhere and there's a huge portion that's just silly trash made by people who probably just threw some bullshit together (none of that is covered in the brief video, check goodshowsir.co.uk for that type) and I dunno that it's maybe stretching the idea of this thread to try and say "sci-fi book cover art" but I'm doing it anyway :)

Lots of great stuff posted btw I checked out a bunch a week ago and forgot to reply.

I'm going there

Stephen Gammell

http://amberrosehammond.com/2012/05/contents-of-a-nightmare-the-artwork-of-stephen-gammell-and-scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark/

footsteps.jpg

secret origin of song title - DJ Saint-Hubert - big up on ceiling

whether the art is creepy or triggering or not you've got to appreciate the otherworldlyness of it and that he might actually be a halfway normal guy, he just throws som shit into art I guess

secret origins, A Moon Shaped Ghoul

Edited by Ragnar

I'm going there

Stephen Gammell

http://amberrosehammond.com/2012/05/contents-of-a-nightmare-the-artwork-of-stephen-gammell-and-scary-stories-to-tell-in-the-dark/

footsteps.jpg

secret origin of song title - DJ Saint-Hubert - big up on ceiling

whether the art is creepy or triggering or not you've got to appreciate the otherworldlyness of it and that he might actually be a halfway normal guy, he just throws som shit into art I guess

secret origins, A Moon Shaped Ghoul

apparently inspired

https://www.deviantart.com/art/Anguish-99707281