IGNORED

self-sufficiency

kaini

They are doing okay, they took FOREVER to start even in the greenhouse where the temps are fairly consistent. I am just starting to see the all the vines bloom. It seems it loves heavy doses of K and really seems to enjoy the fresh air better then the greenhouse. The summer has been abnormally hot and sunny so its been a good year for most plants.

i know you mean potassium but pretending you mean ketamine is way more fun.

What about meat?

I have looked into aquaculture of prawns or talapia, it seems like a pretty crazy and weird way to get meat, but prawns or shrimp in general have a pretty modest energy needed to energy provided ration in aquaculture situations... Buuuut has some real drawbacks and I really don't have the money and time to farm meat, plus there's zoning laws, ect... Cray.

They are doing okay, they took FOREVER to start even in the greenhouse where the temps are fairly consistent. I am just starting to see the all the vines bloom. It seems it loves heavy doses of K and really seems to enjoy the fresh air better then the greenhouse. The summer has been abnormally hot and sunny so its been a good year for most plants.

i know you mean potassium but pretending you mean ketamine is way more fun.

What can I say, they like to party, K-hole style!

:music:

How is the growing season(s) in Ireland? You guys are on a higher latitude than us, are your growing seasons shorter? Sounds stupid, but I'm generally curious.

i'm new to this, but we kicked in big style in... late may? we've had an unusually good summer. tomatoes have only started fruiting two weeks ago, but the courgettes have been delivering for a month now, and the rocket and parsley for two months or so. the beets are disappointingly small so far.

I have had better results growing beets after the solstice by planting 2 days before, something about the switch of daylight vs. dark hours in mid-grow always stunted my beets. Weird stuff... :cerious:

Your tomatoes are on schedule with mine, isn't it wild how much one plant puts off?! I am going to be giving some to friends. Try frying some of the green tomatoes southern USA style if you want to try something neat with premature tomatoes!

What about meat?

I have looked into aquaculture of prawns or talapia, it seems like a pretty crazy and weird way to get meat, but prawns or shrimp in general have a pretty modest energy needed to energy provided ration in aquaculture situations... Buuuut has some real drawbacks and I really don't have the money and time to farm meat, plus there's zoning laws, ect... Cray.

That's a pretty good idea actually- what are the drawbacks? I like the idea of self-sufficiency but I tend to have meat with pretty much every meal so I guess it's never gonna happen unless I actually become a full time farmer. And I fucking hate farmers- big ignorant, illiterate, clodhopping bumpkins as they are.

Archived