Guest skibby

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find it sort of shit honestly.

no offense.

seconded

wtf is going on here

just to expand, the guy seems to have a keen ear for patch or instrument imitation parallel to aphex stuff. I don't have an issue there. I just find it derivative; if the dude made his own music in his own style I think it could be devastating. I just haven't heard that in the tracks I listened to.

I should just go on record that I really don't like the wave of afx-imitators ala analord. Acid fetishism is one thing, but what's even worse to me is the sheer number of people that basically strive to make more analord c-sides. If you like it (and you obviously do), so be it. But I don't. I know I'm in the minority, but last time I checked, I was allowed to have a dissenting opinion in a discussion thread about a particular artist.

I just can't help but harken back to so many artists putting their work out here before and getting utterly ravaged by critics on here for sounding too derivative. But apparently as long as its Analord fetishist music its utterly amazing.

Anyway, I know I'll get flak for this. Have at it.

i find it sort of shit honestly.

no offense.

seconded

wtf is going on here

just to expand, the guy seems to have a keen ear for patch or instrument imitation parallel to aphex stuff. I don't have an issue there. I just find it derivative; if the dude made his own music in his own style I think it could be devastating. I just haven't heard that in the tracks I listened to.

I should just go on record that I really don't like the wave of afx-imitators ala analord. Acid fetishism is one thing, but what's even worse to me is the sheer number of people that basically strive to make more analord c-sides. If you like it (and you obviously do), so be it. But I don't. I know I'm in the minority, but last time I checked, I was allowed to have a dissenting opinion in a discussion thread about a particular artist.

I just can't help but harken back to so many artists putting their work out here before and getting utterly ravaged by critics on here for sounding too derivative. But apparently as long as its Analord fetishist music its utterly amazing.

Anyway, I know I'll get flak for this. Have at it.

i actually found that quite inspiring, SR4. i'm just a synth hobbyist with no visionary pretentions though, just having a bit of fun. sincere thanks for the comment!

So finally getting round to checking this stuff out. Bought the album from Bandcamp and then proceeded to nab all the free stuff from LastFM. Regardless of whether the work is a little derivative of the AFX style Trackermatte's music is crazy good. Been listening to Let her Come Face To Face on repeat for the last 30 mins! Great stuff :music::beer::music::beer::music:

So finally getting round to checking this stuff out. Bought the album from Bandcamp and then proceeded to nab all the free stuff from LastFM. Regardless of whether the work is a little derivative of the AFX style Trackermatte's music is crazy good. Been listening to Let her Come Face To Face on repeat for the last 30 mins! Great stuff :music::beer::music::beer::music:

Thank you! I never worry about what or who it sounds like - if i like a track I'll finish it! I'm inspired by lots of artists.. Isao Tomita, Brian Eno, Jarre, Stockhausen, Xenakis etc.

I think the Rolando Simmons stuff is generally a bit more freeform experimental since I usually do them with more gear that I don't fully understand (something I find VERY exciting).

I don't think consciously about copying someone OR being deliberately different, if I did I feel i'd be making music for the wrong reason and that wouldn't be a happy place to be.

Furthermore, discussion is nice... Being bumped on this forum always generates sales for me.

Thank you! I never worry about what or who it sounds like - if i like a track I'll finish it! I'm inspired by lots of artists.. Isao Tomita, Brian Eno, Jarre, Stockhausen, Xenakis etc.

I think the Rolando Simmons stuff is generally a bit more freeform experimental since I usually do them with more gear that I don't fully understand (something I find VERY exciting).

I don't think consciously about copying someone OR being deliberately different, if I did I feel i'd be making music for the wrong reason and that wouldn't be a happy place to be.

Furthermore, discussion is nice... Being bumped on this forum always generates sales for me.

I'm more of a music spectator than a musician, but this is a very good approach to making music, imo. I love your stuff and it doesn't sound like AFX rip-offs to me. Just learned you're Rolando Simmons, whoa! You are the man, sir.

• 3 weeks later...

eQMn9EC.jpg

Archived