IGNORED

What is your real name?!

Hugh Mughnus

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the "guess the user's name based on their picture" thread better. And thanksomuch was a surprise.

I expected more out of you man!

You got what you paid for.

lol

Some call me Shatoon, bringer of corn. Others call me Mickey Nine, the dream weaver. Some call me Photoshop. Others call me Trenu, the boiler. Some call me mystery man. Others know me as the shadow dweller. Others call me secret Peter (where is he hiding? in a shoe? in a bush? in a cupboard? in a lane? no. He is inside yourself.) Some call me miraculous mark, diviner of mysteries. Others know me as Domino the bounty hunter. Some call me chili chicken ramen. I am sometimes called peppercorn (by the dutch). Some call me Cillit Bang. Others call me R-R-Rubbady Pubbady.

n3qF2MW.png

That was kind of the point of The Matrix. You get to tell others who you are, not the other way around. Morpheus's and Trinity's birth names aren't revealed, and aren't relevant. Those former lives they were living aren't who they really are. Their latest protégé goes from being called Mr. Anderson to calling himself Neo, and having that accepted by even the story's main antagonist, Mr. Smith. (That point where he's insistent on his chosen name, and lifts Smith onto the L train ceiling, is one of the key points in the film.) He goes from being someone with a hacker alias, to being that person.

But, still...

What do you wanna call me?

i don't think about it, there certainly isn't any sort of drive to want to call you anything, well other than using the label that you've already attributed to yourself. essines. But that's there out of necessity, not desire. Funnily enough, some people i mostly remember through their avatar, rather than the nick that they use. Which can be quite frustrating when they change the image. I'm left floundering around wondering who the fuck.

This only happens with lower forms of member life, don't worry most of you. ;-p

Guest skibby

n3qF2MW.png

That was kind of the point of The Matrix. You get to tell others who you are, not the other way around. Morpheus's and Trinity's birth names aren't revealed, and aren't relevant. Those former lives they were living aren't who they really are. Their latest protégé goes from being called Mr. Anderson to calling himself Neo, and having that accepted by even the story's main antagonist, Mr. Smith. (That point where he's insistent on his chosen name, and lifts Smith onto the L train ceiling, is one of the key points in the film.) He goes from being someone with a hacker alias, to being that person.

i liked that Zoe

My lastname is Ritzman, because of that I've been nicknamed Ritz by a lot of my friends to the point where it's almost become like a 2nd first name, like an Ozzy Osbourne type thing,

Archived