IGNORED

Various Artists - Down To The Silver Sea

*Exclusive material from Pye Corner Audio (Howling Moss), Jon Brooks, Moon Wiring Club, Time Attendant and more, housed in a typically gorgeous Gecophonic sleeve with printed inner* Moon Wiring Club's Gecophonic label gathers its gang of eldritch pals - Jon Brooks, Pye Corner Audio, Sarah Angliss, Time Attendant - for a festive jaunt 'Down To The Silver Sea'. Trippier than necking a thermos of mushie tea with Bridlington gypsies, it's a lucidly eloquent soundtrack to the ephemeral English summer and all its wonders… "whether flower pressing in the garden, hallucinating in the summerhouse, fainting inside stifling sites of historical interest… or even sea-cruise thalassophobia complications." Moon Wiring Club crops up twice, opening up with his collaged vignette, 'The Summer Door' and also offering the hazy boom bap of 'Voyages De Plaisir', whilst Pye Corner Audio comes thrice with the bit-crushed bump of 'June Buggy', the lush soundscape of 'Pleasant Stroll', and the barnacled ambience of 'Underneath The Pier', all imagined in his Howling Moss guise. The gang's newest member, Sarah Angliss appears ahead of her Ghost Box debut with some of the most affectively creepy parts, from the layered field recordings and windchimes of 'Hello Sunshine' to the psilocybic swirl and plangent harpsichord of 'Summer's Lease' leaving the most subtle stain on your candy-flossed bonce, Time Attendant's 'Crooked Harbour', 'Holiday Holograph' and 'Lapping It Up At Night' sound like febrile Chris Watson documents, while Jon Brooks hugely impresses with the sun-dazed dream-bop of 'Morgane' as Knö. Proper good this.

333.jpg

Boomkat

Yeah Im dissapointed there is no digital release of this- missed out on the more interesting track listing on the vinyl release of his last album as it was vinyl only too.

Hope maybe a digital release will follow at some point...

I've got a fantastic vinyl rip, and this album does NOT disappoint. I can't wait for the wax to arrive on my doorstep next week. The only track I don't like is the last one, because I fucking HATE Swing music in any form but I'll live. I'll just lift the needle when it gets there, because thankfully that track is the last one on it.

Nice collection- Nothing has yet disappointed me on Blank Workshop. Ian is really on the train musicwise, I can smell he does another MWC album this year as well.
The Pye pieces on it are really excellent, I did not felt his latest releases on dekorder and boomkat properly.

• 1 month later...

Martin Jenkins stuff is just to sexy. I had to grab this up today. First record order in some time. Guess life events take you out of that whole record ordering cycle....for at least a little bit.

Archived