IGNORED

Do you drink milk?

ambermonk

Just a random but curious question.

I've consumed dairy milk until about 2 years ago. Been drinking almond milk instead of dairy ever since. I'm afraid to go back because I don't want to mess up my digestive tract, even though I'm not lactose intolerant.

Anyone else drink or don't drink dairy milk for various reasons?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drink 0.5+0.5

almond, hemp, or soy milk all taste better than cow juice though, so unless I need it for baking or to lighten up my coffer I'll take plant-based plz

Guest RadarJammer

a good frosty glass of milk can really hit the spot but then 1-2 minutes later a really gross after taste develops in my mouth

I haven't drank any milk recreationally in a few years and I don't miss it but sometimes i put a splash of cream in my tea

i use almond milk pretty regularly

yeah, lol at the milk backlash

"it's not natural to suckle cowteat!"

"nu-uh, we're evolving!"

tastes fine to me on cereal. Love the taste of whole milk with, say, muesli and some fresh fruit on.

Although I agree, the newfangled almond milks and what have you taste really delicious as well.

yeah, lol at the milk backlash

"it's not natural to suckle cowteat!"

"nu-uh, we're evolving!"

tastes fine to me on cereal. Love the taste of whole milk with, say, muesli and some fresh fruit on.

Although I agree, the newfangled almond milks and what have you taste really delicious as well.

I've found that out of all the milks that i've tried (soy/oat/rice/almond), almond is the one that fails. It's always so watery and pointless. The other three i keep in the fridge and enjoy mixed togeather.

mmmmm, muesli.

to hell with righteous milk drinkers from any side, none of this is natural, lol. we naturally stop drinking milk when our mothers stop producing it, and in this context, the rest of our milk-drinking is basically inappropriate infantile longing. :cisfor:

/uninformed half-joking

/controversial milk thread

edit: @delet, dude no way, rice milk is the flavorless loser. maybe you've been drinking pseudo horchata or something that's been spiced and sweetened, coz man plain rice milk is boring.

edit: @delet, dude no way, rice milk is the flavorless loser. maybe you've been drinking pseudo horchata or something that's been spiced and sweetened, coz man plain rice milk is boring.

the one that's in my fridge (rice milk) is only filtered water, australian whole brown rice (plenty flavour there), sunflower oil, calcium and sea salt. I have tried brands which are pretty watery, or have sugar and whatnot to try and boost the pointlessness of their ingredients. But this one is thick and flavoursome. Unlike every brand of almond milk that i've ever tried. Long before i'd ever thought of replacement milk products, i had thought that almond when you've got it mushed up in your mouth, would make a nice milk. So for the first few brands i was excited in the hope that it would replicate what i'd imagined, no dice.

Like is said though, i blend the three for what each brings to the party. Soy is a little rich and sweet , rice is lighter, and oats a little sharper. Their powers combined etc.

I've found that out of all the milks that i've tried (soy/oat/rice/almond), almond is the one that fails. It's always so watery and pointless. The other three i keep in the fridge and enjoy mixed togeather.

I like almond milk because it's watery but it's really expensive. I have rice milk usually but have gone through soy and oat milk phases.

I don't like the taste of milk and it doesn't really agree with me. I'm not lactose intolerant but got used to having alternatives after adopting the tastes of my girlfriend at the time.

soy and rice milk taste really disgusting to me.

i noticed that cow milk does significantly degrade my health though, so i consume a lot less of it now.

the one that's in my fridge (rice milk) is only filtered water, australian whole brown rice (plenty flavour there), sunflower oil, calcium and sea salt. I have tried brands which are pretty watery, or have sugar and whatnot to try and boost the pointlessness of their ingredients. But this one is thick and flavoursome. Unlike every brand of almond milk that i've ever tried. Long before i'd ever thought of replacement milk products, i had thought that almond when you've got it mushed up in your mouth, would make a nice milk. So for the first few brands i was excited in the hope that it would replicate what i'd imagined, no dice.

Like is said though, i blend the three for what each brings to the party. Soy is a little rich and sweet , rice is lighter, and oats a little sharper. Their powers combined etc.

that's pretty fancy, don't usually have more than one type around so never tried that. thanks for the explanation though, i'm probably just trying lame brands or something. the woes of being a cardigan wearing pussy.

i will add that i'm also pretty intolerant to milk, but i think it's got some shit to do with casein or whey more-so than lactose, as i can enjoy most hard cheeses without issues, thank fuck.

Guest zaphod

i dunno, i feel like everyone here has a lot of health issues. lots of sensitive little stomachs on watmm. so fragile.

booze and drugs go down fine so i've never worried too much about it. i think it may have mostly been a good excuse to get out of stuff as a kid that got out of control and is now deep in my biology.

edit: there are definitely a lot of fragile troony bodies on watmm though, must have something to do with autechre and feeling misunderstood

Why is lactose-free milk sweeter than regular milk?

They use lactase to convert the lactose into glucose. (from a quick search of wtf) Which perhaps you can then taste more readily.

i dunno, i feel like everyone here has a lot of health issues. lots of sensitive little stomachs on watmm. so fragile.

I'm actually a pretty rugged, burly guy. Maybe it's just that my tastes have changed with age, and I've lost the appeal for dairy milk. Makes me feel bloated and queasy.

I also understand though that many people in the world do not drink cow milk, and is harmful to them if consumed. But I suppose we're immune as long as our bodies have lactase.

I read somewhere that Caseins in dairy disagrees with people on the autistic spectrum.

Watmm.

:cisfor:

Especially the Eidetic variety :emotawesomepm9:

I read somewhere that Caseins in dairy disagrees with people on the autistic spectrum.

Watmm.

:cisfor:

Especially the Eidetic variety :emotawesomepm9:

I originally found that out by googling the title.

Eidetic is of somebody with a photographic memory (but you probably already knew that)

Archived