IGNORED

Kettel - Ibb & Obb OST

Ifeelspace

yeah I'm not saying it's bad. but boring for me :)

I thought it might end up being a bit one note too, but I was actually quite pleasantly surprised.

Has anyone here actually played the game, by the way? It's not available in Europe yet (this coming Wednesday I think?).

it might work for the game, but as an individual album pretty boring.

I've heard a few game soundtracks and think that this fares better than most when it comes to variety.

Loving Nord Marathon atm .

I'm surprised more people haven't contributed to this thread tbh. I know Kettel isn't everyone's 'cup of tea' :w00t: but c'mon

I listened to the samples but I can't see it being something I'd get too much enjoyment from, despite it sounding very well produced. I'll await his new "proper" album that is due later this year.

Actually on second thought, this sounds pretty nice.

Tell me about it. I'm getting the worrying impression that the "Original Soundtrack" element of this album (particularly as it's a game soundtrack) might colour people's preconceptions and judgement of the content before giving it the chance it so clearly deserves.

It's a far more minimal beast that most Kettel albums with their frantic synth-pop and acid leanings, but once you give it a chance, the clean lines of this are really quite breathtaking.

Guest bitroast

I really quite Kettel and have full intentions to check this game and soundtrack out.

I'm also enjoying the Secede collaboration album. I feel that style actually brought me back and made it easier appreciating Myam James Part 2 (an album I absolutely struggled with after the hit after hit popidmz banger that was part 1).^^

I wish I liked the album with Secede :(

Yeah It's not a bad album... but my expectations were too high on this one.

yeah it was boring... and when is released the new Kettel album?

Having given this a few listens my fave tracks are;

Clarity

Clear

Fincity

Post Crow

Post Hero

Nord Marathon

Ghost

Ghost Hop

It's a nice little 20 min listen. I doubt I will listen to many of the other tracks again. It's just the way I consume music. Overall rate this as a decent release and look forward to his forthcoming album

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I bought this game without knowing he did the soundtrack. quite the surprise.

although to be honest I only really like his work with secede. love that album. this soundtrack sounds ok so far but I've only played one level so..we'll see

Guest murphythecat8

yeah, not everything is stellar here, but theres some amazing stuff in here, im happy. his ambient side of things is really original. i love some tracks in here. yeahhh

i to am dissapointed with the last kettel/secede colab.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

you guys are crazy the secede collab album is easily his best work. but i guess it depends what you like about his work

you guys are crazy the secede collab album is easily his best work. but i guess it depends what you like about his work

I like the catchy melodies the most, the collab is a bit short on this. I mean I consider both artists of my favourites so a collab was supposed to blow my mind :D

It has great tracks thought. I like grandcan and admittance

Guest murphythecat8

thats non sense, the only tracks i like a lot on the colab is the ambient songs, the rest is meh, amazing sound, not much craziness or real deep emotion connection.

after a couple listening im dissapointed by this release. I sure hope his new kettel album will be different.

This release his quite too minimal for kettel, too repetitive, not enough musicality, too much effects. impressive sounds but yeah, bit boring.

Archived