IGNORED

relationships vs. getting anything done

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

relationships seem like a lot of sex, a lot of fighting, a lot of watching shows, and loads less creative work getting done.

how do you watmmers manage to get quality work done while maintaining a romantic relationship with another human being?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprigg

Sometimes you just don't have time to make music... it's been months for me because I've been fairly busy, and while that's not ideal, that's just how life goes sometimes. But if you're starting to feel bitter about your lack of time for creativity, then you should definitely say something to your partner. They might surprise you and give you more time to yourself if that's what you're looking for.

Guest RadarJammer

the Surgeon General should issue a warning that relationships may cause deep rooted psychosis and moderate to severe exestential crisis \

and increased risk of early onset murder suicide

You'll find the one that MAKES both of y'all creative ...er maybe

Love comes with living and grows with folks ya meet innit

Can't be bothered at this point in my life with a cohabitation.

if you're starting to feel bitter about your lack of time for creativity, then you should definitely say something to your partner. They might surprise you and give you more time to yourself if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah just tell your so that you need some time to work on such and such. If they are worth a damn it won't be an issue at all.

qft! i had this problem earlier this year and my gf actually likes my music ( :wub:) and said she would feel terrible if she knew she was the reason i didn't have time to make stuff anymore. i dialed back on the boring couples time/tv/adventure time reruns/dr who watching (she still enjoys her stories, just with headphones or in the other room now... i'm trying to pretty much give up the habit entirely though).

being in a relationship is p sweet once you get used to weird stuff like not having your own room and having someone else in the room while you jam out with your drum machine, but i spose it's a test of love to withstand that stuff (double-whammy for introverts).

i wouldn't blame you for trying giggidy.gif but she's pretty fiercely loyal and she's terrible at lying anyway

*forwards to luke's gf with the remark he's OK with it*

Maybe she's into those London bridge type of things? ;D

lol surely there are better ways for a rational economist-type IDM lover to have a fling. treat the subject like a potential asset (remembering that she is, unlike you, economically speaking, an irrational subject). that's not what i did but it might work

Whaaaat, you're profiling/stereotyping me as some rational economist type IDM lover!!!!

hamno-racist.gif

*thinks about using George Will for a new avatar*

large.jpg

=D

hmm, well fair enough, these last posts have been pretty irrational and flamboyant. have you tried meeting potential assets while drunk on the job maybe? perhaps make a comment on their, er, inspiring figure when they first arrive in the morning?

ds-11.jpg

dunno..

i had a relationship where i (and her) was productive, sometimes on a collaboration level;

also had relationships which were too exhausting to get anything done.

i also had phases where doing my stuff didn't leave enough space for romantics at all.

and currently i'm neither interested in love nor in doing much (a suck phase).

conclusion: there is no conclusion

but obsessive partners are more interesting than boring ones

If you're that driven and have no free time, you should date someone who's the same, if you want to date someone. What you shouldn't do is subject someone pining for more time with you to being by themselves all the time, or resent that person for taking up all your free time.

When my partner's busy with work (which is often, as she's self employed), I busy myself with writing and composing. When she has a free moment I generally try to make myself available for talking, snuggling and so on. (Sometimes more successfully than others, but there's at least one half-performed track that stands testament to this!)

hmm, well fair enough, these last posts have been pretty irrational and flamboyant. have you tried meeting potential assets while drunk on the job maybe? perhaps make a comment on their, er, inspiring figure when they first arrive in the morning?

ds-11.jpg

When it comes to work, I'm pretty much a monk. All this politics at the office is complex enough with some sexual interests intruding it...

I'm my boss his white knight, so to speak. Consciously naive to avoid any flirts of hot colleagues. (flirting is allowed though.... of course ;P)

Archived