IGNORED

Deep Chords Over Tokyo (1hr video)

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

Just over an hour of serene flying footage over Tokyo as it turns to night, which I've paired up with some appropriate ambient lushness. Good for winding down/relaxing/entering a hypnotic state.

Possibly the longest music video I've put together so far! Set quality to 720p for best results. Enjoy :cool:

Guest jasondonervan

Thanks all. I knew there would be a few similarly-minded folks who enjoy this sort of thing :beer: I've also got a version which was shot during the day, hope to get that added soon.

Really cool that, thanks.

Slightly off topic but are there other films similar to this? I seem to remember my friend having some but I can't remember the titles.

It's not the ones linked above.

Guest jasondonervan

Slightly off topic but are there other films similar to this? I seem to remember my friend having some but I can't remember the titles.

There are a few of the 'from the air' type knocking around. There's one that does Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe which I'd like to get hold of, but outside of that there were plenty of DVDs a while back that just did nothing but show fairly static dreamy landscapes/locales at ground level. I think I had one which had nothing but shots of Sakura in bloom across Japan. It was boring as sin!

Then of course you've got your driving vids, which are pretty cool and a bit hypnotic. Andy Ceephax seems to like 'em:

nice vid :)

what gear would watmms guess rod & steve used to capture the sounds for liumin reduced? what sort of mics?

i wonder what the process was in the studio. if i could sit in on a recording session for one album i think it would be liumin + reduced

Guest jasondonervan

nice vid :)

what gear would watmms guess rod & steve used to capture the sounds for liumin reduced? what sort of mics?

i wonder what the process was in the studio. if i could sit in on a recording session for one album i think it would be liumin + reduced

This is a great interview, gives a bit of insight into the general methods they use.

There are a few of the 'from the air' type knocking around. There's one that does Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe which I'd like to get hold of, but outside of that there were plenty of DVDs a while back that just did nothing but show fairly static dreamy landscapes/locales at ground level. I think I had one which had nothing but shots of Sakura in bloom across Japan. It was boring as sin!

Then of course you've got your driving vids, which are pretty cool and a bit hypnotic. Andy Ceephax seems to like 'em:

Cool, thanks.

I think I found the one I was looking for but it looks kinda dated now lol...

It's by far my favourite of the Qatsi trilogy, and also prefer it to Baraka and Samsara (Not seen Chronos). The 'dated' aspect actually adds to it for me, it's a real nice in depth look at recent-history - everything is relatable to modern day life and yet it seems so distant. It's just so mmmmmgood and the soundtrack is bliss .....

Pretty wonderful. Ambient film should be a thing.

have you heard of baraka and samsara? great films, i think "ambient film" sums em up pretty well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baraka_%28film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsara_%282011_film%29

Hey, thanks for the tip, I'll check that out!

It's by far my favourite of the Qatsi trilogy, and also prefer it to Baraka and Samsara (Not seen Chronos). The 'dated' aspect actually adds to it for me, it's a real nice in depth look at recent-history - everything is relatable to modern day life and yet it seems so distant. It's just so mmmmmgood and the soundtrack is bliss .....

Ok cool, I'll give it a try. When I said it looks dated I meant it looks nothing like how I remember it.

I can think of a ton of albums the visuals would work well with together. I'm not really into recording them because of the lossless aspect, just playing the movie at home synced up with a CD on my new hifi.

Cool thread anyway, thanks.

Guest jasondonervan

Did you shoot the footage or did you sample it, jason?

I wish I shot it! Nope, just a distant find on the grid :wang:

Archived