IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PolyKrome

It's a great way for BOC fans to complete their vinyl collections instead of paying almost as much for one LP off Ebay.

Amen to that shit! I always think I'm going to bid on one on the bay and at the last minute the price rockets like wildfire, then I'm like nah, I ain't paying £90 plus for an record no matter how much I love vinyl! That said, this is great!

Anyone know anything about the "download codes" that are part of the deal? Is it just to download mp3's of the albums/ep's?

Also, I can't wait for Lumpenprol's diatribe on October 22 about how disappointing these albums are.

Anyone know anything about the "download codes" that are part of the deal? Is it just to download mp3's of the albums/ep's?

Yep - it just adds the MP3 of your purchase to your dashboard thing.

Aaaand...snatched up! Best $140 I've spent all year haha. Plus Hi-Scores will be repressed later too?! Aw yeah. Now the only question left is...where is my Peel Session repress?? I needs me some Olson v3 on wax.

Warp is gonna make so much money off of this. Perfect timing, pricing, and level of incentive to buy. Plus the TH pre-order discount is a nice nod to the fans.

Great news- that will hopefully take the air out of the discogs sellers trying to get a third edition of an EP to you for stupid prices. Nice.

Hi Scores on skam looks like a good idea.

And thankfully you can order them individually as well. I left out 2 albums, no need to buy things I do not listen often too.

Looking forward to getting the print.

tumblr_mrku7yU1Cn1spvmh6o1_400.jpg

If this came with a picture of Bob Holness, this would win the universe.

Will probably pick this up, as I currently only have TCH and TM on vinyl (edited to omit Geogaddi - was thinking of a friend who has it, not me). Will earlier pressings of any of these gain any value at all?

Will earlier pressings of any of these gain any value at all?

Possibly - they certainly won't lose any though. IIRC the very original pressings of HiScores and Twoism still go for silly money

I didn't realise that MHTRTC didnt include Happy Cycling on vinyl.

I have happy cycling as part of a Global Underground vinyl release from a few years back - does that make it desirable??

Probably one of the best slabs of wax I own, it has 14:31 on the flip side.

http://www.discogs.com/Nick-Warren-Global-Underground-024-Reykjavik/release/137485

This summer I spent over $500 on TCH and Geogaddi... :wtf::facepalm:

I'm gona go cry and rethink my life.

Otherwise this is cool stuff, I'll get em all and with the discount and print it's a pretty nice deal. I only have those two on vinyl anyways and I dont mind getting brand new ones, I guess...

Oh also The album represses come out on my birthday! What a present!

Guest Starblazer

RESPONDING TO POPULAR DEMAND, WARP RECORDS IS REPRESSING ITS SEMINAL BOARDS OF CANADA CATALOGUE ON VINYL FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER FIVE YEARS.

ON 21ST OCTOBER THE ALBUMS MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN (ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 1998), GEOGADDI (2002) AND THE CAMPFIRE HEADPHASE (2006) WILL BE REISSUED. THESE WILL BE FOLLOWED ON 18TH NOVEMBER BY THE MINI-ALBUM TWOISM (1995) AND EPS IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE OUT IN THE COUNTRY (2000) AND TRANS CANADA HIGHWAY (2006). ALSO, LOOK OUT FOR A VINYL REISSUE OF HI SCORES EP (1996) THROUGH SKAM LATER THIS YEAR.

EACH WARP REISSUE COMES WITH A DOWNLOAD CODE AND AN ORIGINAL BOC STICKER DESIGN FROM THE ERA.

PREORDER THE REISSUES AND ALBUM & MINI-ALBUM+EP BUNDLES AT BLEEP

Guest Araungzeb

Quick Q for clarification - does the print come with pre-orders for the bundles only, or do you still get it if you were to pre-order an LP on its own?

It looks like it only comes with the bundles, but I might have misread it.

Also, I'm glad they've finally thrown a bone to all of us who went through the various hassles of preordering TH from Bleep. Hi Scores is the only boc vinyl I own besides TH, so this is perfect!

Looking forward to getting the print.

tumblr_mrku7yU1Cn1spvmh6o1_400.jpg

If this came with a picture of Bob Holness, this would win the universe.

Will probably pick this up, as I currently only have TCH and TM on vinyl (edited to omit Geogaddi - was thinking of a friend who has it, not me). Will earlier pressings of any of these gain any value at all?

where did you get that image jason? is that the 12x12 print?

Just noticed:

Special price for "Tomorrow's Harvest" - Pre-Order Customers £5 / €5 / $5 off the listed price. Discount applied in the checkout.

Fuck exchange rates!

Guest jasondonervan

I'll have a 'P' please, BoC

tumblr_mrl2zo5wmc1spvmh6o1_500.jpg

where did you get that image jason? is that the 12x12 print?

Nosing around on warp.net. Yup, that's the print.

You people asking questions - READ THE WEBSITE, MAN. Everything that's been asked is on there.

I will be getting the 3 album bundle. I'm not a big fan for the early stuff, but I only have MHTRTC on CD and I've not heard the rest. Bonus.

Also, I can't wait for Lumpenprol's diatribe on October 22 about how disappointing these albums are.

Lol, I bet some watmmer are sitting there all like a grumpy toad, stewing in a pool of bitterness.

Archived