IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest transmisiones ferox

I actually love the THC, sounds very gently and eerie, with floating psychedelic guitar loops... mhtrc is very very detailed, almost crystal clear! and Geo...what can I say (like listen to the some tracks on the album for the first time) on some parts pretty intense ride though.. even distorted, like corsair...

So! love the pressing on all albums, waiting for EP's now :)

Guest transmisiones ferox

not without a problems actually, static on tch side 4 is pretty bad and have some kind of manufacturer blur on diving station which makes clicking sound, also same kind of clicking sound on 1969...corsair seems distorted, but thats ok for me

I love the stickers and hexagon 'poster'. Gotta love bundled swag. The big hexagon sticker went over top of the apple logo on my macbook.

I'm tempted to do the same with my sticker but what happens if I get a new laptop!?!?

Guest Ron Manager

my only complaint about TCH pressing is at the end of side 2, in Sherbet Head - mine has a big cm-long scratch there which pops dreadfully. apart from that it sounds great.

I have yet to notice any audible blemishes on my copies, however, I am still using a cheap-ish setup so I expect some minor crackle and feedback/static distortion with every listen so I can't really distinguish (i do have good speakers mind!)

Sucks that some of you guys and gals got shitty pressings. Warp plz.

Yeah, my TCH pressing is pretty jacked too. The bass is all distorted and crackly all over side 2, and there's a constant and repeated popping noise in the right channel for all of side 3. Contacted Bleep - hopefully I can get a decent sounding copy.

No skips or distortions or visible scratches on my The Campfire Headphase but it is a bit flat sounding and very crackly, especially noticeable on the quieter bits like the end of side 3 and 4. It's sort of on the verge of being acceptable, but it's still weird that someone presumably listened to a test pressing of this and okayed it. Haven't listened to the other albums yet.

A quick google around, and someone on the Steve Hoffman forum managed to find the pressing plant info for these reissues...

WARPLP55R - MPO (France) [Music Has The Right To Children]

WARPLP123R, WARPLP70R, WAP200R - Vinyl Factory (UK) [The Campfire Headphase/Twoism/Trans Canada Highway]

WARPLP101R, WAP144R - Optimal (Germany) [Geogaddi/In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country]

...so I am not holding my breath for Twoism and Trans Canada Highway!

Wonder if it's just shitty old stampers/plates for that particular release or really a problem at The Vinyl Factory. I know their reputation is far from great, but I'm curious to read whether the 'spare parts' are going to sound any better.

From reading Bleep e-mail responses posted at Twoism, it looks like they're forwarding evidence of some of the complaints to The Vinyl Factory, so who knows maybe they'll still get their act together for Twoism and Trans Canada Highway if the problem lies with them.

No happy cycling on MHTRTC? Can someone confirm this for me? If so very sad :(

as already mentioned by verticalhold, this was originally a bonus track for the US release, which ended up being included in the UK repress of the CD later on.

I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room on the record to fit Happy Cycling. If you want that on vinyl, you'll have to get the Peel Session vinyl I think...

as already mentioned by verticalhold, this was originally a bonus track for the US release, which ended up being included in the UK repress of the CD later on.

I'm pretty sure there isn't enough room on the record to fit Happy Cycling. If you want that on vinyl, you'll have to get the Peel Session vinyl I think...

Or get the Global Underground Nick Warren "Reykjavik" vinyl set

http://www.discogs.com/Nick-Warren-Global-Underground-024-Reykjavik/release/137485

Or get the Global Underground Nick Warren "Reykjavik" vinyl set

http://www.discogs.com/Nick-Warren-Global-Underground-024-Reykjavik/release/137485

that would be one way, but I'm always a bit wary of releases like that....wonder if it's been pressed from CD master, without any proper vinyl mastering...

I wonder if the reason why the Aphex repressings were delayed is because the original batch was like these TCH pressings.

Guest lumakey

I sent pictures and described them in a polite email.

Bleep says they're "hugely sorry" and asked if I wouldn't mind sending a picture. ???

Evidently they've got so many complaints they aren't reading them. This TCH issue is just weird from every angle. I regret endorsing them.

Guest Ron Manager

yeah, i'm in two minds what to do about TCH. upon closer listening, i'm finding nothing catastrophic on mine but a lot of pops towards the end of sides 2 and 3. sounds like people are experiencing lots of different problems... there's no single pressing error, it's just a really low quality batch. i'm waiting to see if Warp/Bleep make some kind of announcement, but i'm not holding my breath...

presumably Peel Session is set to become the rarest standard-issue vinyl release (i.e. non-promo, non-Aquarius 7"). i'm not sure why they wouldn't also reissue it.

I really wonder WHAT has happened that the vinyl editions got out of the pressplant in that condition. Seriously, did they used it as beermats before packaging up?

That is almost embarassing for the pressplant.

Archived