IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

that is clearly a bad mastering job

...and by Autechre's go-to guy for vinyl mastering, no less. :shrug:

It's a mystery to me how they let this happen. MHTRTC sounds great, R Plus Seven sounds great... I'm still hopeful quality will be back to normal for the EPs. And then there's that upcoming Hi Scores repress on Skam, really hope they get that one right.

I think Noel Summerville knows what he's doing tbh. this is probably happened after it had been cut.

Can you explain why the distortion follows the fadeout curve, then?

That wouldn't happen if it were anything to do with the pressing.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a mystery to me how they let this happen. MHTRTC sounds great, R Plus Seven sounds great... I'm still hopeful quality will be back to normal for the EPs. And then there's that upcoming Hi Scores repress on Skam, really hope they get that one right.

I think Noel Summerville knows what he's doing tbh. this is probably happened after it had been cut.

No I can't 'cause I'm not a vinyl mastering engineer or vinyl pressing expert but I doubt he would leave it like that considering he cut the original.

So it's either a pressing fuckup or intentional?

No I can't 'cause I'm not a vinyl mastering engineer or vinyl pressing expert but I doubt he would leave it like that considering he cut the original.

So it's either a pressing fuckup or intentional?

And in either case, it's unacceptable.

I don't think it would be a "bad mastering job" if it was done by Noel Summerville that was my point. he's one of the best

I know :-\

something is definitely wrong here, somewhere.

Didn't mean to point fingers, if you want you can read my post as disbelief that the record came out sounding like that even with someone like him directly involved.

Got some time to waste tonight, will try a couple of my spare styli and cartridges and see if it makes any difference on Corsair. Most of them are worse trackers than what I have on there now but you never know.

For me it sounds like the pressing plant increased the volume on it manually so it distorted on the pressing. Just a guess I am not a technician.

Loudness warz :D ?

Received this from Bleep;

LM, Nov 06 12:16 (GMT):

Hi ____

We are sorry that your replacements have not been sent out yet.

Warp are currently looking into the reasons behind faulty copies.

We will be able to advise very soon when replacements can be sent. Sorry for the delay.

Bleep Support
LJM

I don't think it would be a "bad mastering job" if it was done by Noel Summerville that was my point. he's one of the best

Hey who did you contact when you had your beef about TH? 3 days and no reply from blerp so far :(

Guest bitroast

if it's easy for anyone to do so, can someone please post like a 30 second recording of the bad quality pressing?

(and by recording i mean like, direct feed from record player).

thnx~!

if it's easy for anyone to do so, can someone please post like a 30 second recording of the bad quality pressing?

(and by recording i mean like, direct feed from record player).

thnx~!

I'd say this one of Corsair that was posted earlier is representative of what it sounds like on my Geogaddi:

I tried 3 cartridge bodies and 5 styli with tracking forces from 1.5 to 4 grams and it was essentially incurable.

The 3rd and 4th sides of The Campfire Headphase sound different, like it needs cleaning but it's on all of them ergo the stamper was fucked or the vinyl didn't fill it properly during pressing. If no-one has a recording I can make one sometime (don't have time right this minute), but I think we all know what it sounds like. Like when your stylus is riding the locked groove in the runout area and you hear every rev, imagine that on top of the music.

Don't think it's any use complaining yet, I might ask for a replacement if and when I start hearing about people receiving spares that don't have these problems, but not holding my breath.

Guest bitroast

thanks for re-posting! no need to post any more i get the idea now thanks.

oh wow. that noise. it's almost only in the left channel yeah? or am i tripping?

now i raelly hope they re-do the LP pressings (i can't even imagine how expensive or fucked up that must be for warp) or at laest fix the pressings for the EP releases *n*!!

Hi there

We are sorry you have experienced issues with your pressing of The Campfire Headphase.

Warp and the manufacturing partner have identified a problem occurring late in the repress run of The Campfire Headphase resulting in a small percentage of the pressings being below our usual quality standards. Resolving this for future pressings and making sure that the replacement copy that we send you is perfect is going to take a few weeks.

cleardot.gifWe expect to be able to despatch a new copy of the record to you by mid December.

We apologise for this delay and will keep you up to date with any progress.

Bleep Support

people who say you can't buy happiness have obviously never arrived home to find a load of beautiful BOC vinyl waiting for them

Excited-kid-birthday_zps778979ec.gif

or at least a card with which they may go and collect said vinyl from their nearest sorting office

Guest bitroast

people who say you can't buy happiness have obviously never arrived home to find a load of beautiful BOC vinyl waiting for them

Excited-kid-birthday_zps778979ec.gif

or at least a card with which they may go and collect said vinyl from their nearest sorting office

oh definitely. retail therapy all the way.

Hey who did you contact when you had your beef about TH? 3 days and no reply from blerp so far :(

I just contacted via the normal support method, support@blerp.com

but they were about as useful as a paper fireguard. Often copypasta'd responses, and numerous fuck ups.

Hi there

We are sorry you have experienced issues with your pressing of The Campfire Headphase.

Warp and the manufacturing partner have identified a problem occurring late in the repress run of The Campfire Headphase resulting in a small percentage of the pressings being below our usual quality standards. Resolving this for future pressings and making sure that the replacement copy that we send you is perfect is going to take a few weeks.

cleardot.gifWe expect to be able to despatch a new copy of the record to you by mid December.

We apologise for this delay and will keep you up to date with any progress.

Bleep Support

Had the same message. They haven't mentioned anything about crap copies of MHTRTC or Geogaddi though. Frustrating..

Hey, so what's the deal with the EPs bundle? Wasn't it around this time (a few days before the official release) that we started getting messages about our expected delivery dates for the LP bundle? Yeah, I won't deny that I was somewhat spoiled by that, and that I'm just another eager consumer who's selfishly looking forward to his material possessions, but fuck it. Where are the EPs?

Archived