IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair,all my vinyls have been in good nick(i ordered everything bar iabpoitc),all played great with no problems,and i got a bonus art print with the ep,s,dunno if i just got lucky?

So your Geogaddi is not exhibiting unusual distortion on Corsair?

by the way: is there one album/EP that sounds really really fine??? If so, I would take them only.

With the exception of one person on here having a constant thud with each revolution of MHTRTC, I seem to recall most everyone here (and in some stuff I've seen on Twoism) says their copy of MHTRTC is fine.

Mine certainy plays flawlessly

You don't need to send anything back to Bleep - they'll just mail you out a new copy. Sorry to hear about your copy skipping - is the tracking weight/anti-skate on your turntable set up properly?

That's a relief--I was going to be even more annoyed if I had to go to the UPS store and pay for the return shipment.

I don't get into the tracking weight and all of that--I have a really basic turntable and setup. But I can say this: I have dozens of vinyl records, some new and some quite old (like old Bowie and Tangerine Dream stuff), and the only records out of my collection that skip are these two new BOC reissues and one of my old Vangelis albums (which is old and scratched at the offending part of the album, but thankfully only at the very end of the last track). I took pictures of the damage on my Boards albums, and they look pretty disfigured in the area where they skip, as it turns out.

the music on my copy of TH sounds boring and bland. anyone else having this problem?

nah

I remember travelling across the Red Centre of Australia. Lots of minions expressed opinions of it being 'boring and bland'. Personally, for me it was like being put on another planet (the earth was red, not squidy mud and green grass, the sky was the most intense azure blue, not grey, and the size of the sky seemed to stretch for millions of miles, not just a small space stuck and pasted above my upturned nose)

So the red centre was the total opposite of bland and boring to me, to me it was the most intense place i'd ever been. It had the emptiness, size and space to let my imagination run free. I could fill in the gaps, so to speak.

I always chuckled at those people who thought the outback was bland and boring lol

Get my drift?

the music on my copy of TH sounds boring and bland. anyone else having this problem?

nah

I remember travelling across the Red Centre of Australia. Lots of minions expressed opinions of it being 'boring and bland'. Personally, for me it was like being put on another planet (the earth was red, not squidy mud and green grass, the sky was the most intense azure blue, not grey, and the size of the sky seemed to stretch for millions of miles, not just a small space stuck and pasted above my upturned nose)

So the red centre was the total opposite of bland and boring to me, to me it was the most intense place i'd ever been. It had the emptiness, size and space to let my imagination run free. I could fill in the gaps, so to speak.

I always chuckled at those people who thought the outback was bland and boring lol

Get my drift?

so basically, what your're saying is that those of us who find Tomorrow's Hype to be boring and bland, we're wrong?

LOL

watmm

nah

Get my drift?

My opinion is X. I always chukle at those people whose opinion is Y

Get my drift?

You don't need to send anything back to Bleep - they'll just mail you out a new copy. Sorry to hear about your copy skipping - is the tracking weight/anti-skate on your turntable set up properly?

I don't get into the tracking weight and all of that--I have a really basic turntable and setup.

That might be why - basic setups that don't allow you to alter the tracking weight don't necessarily track properly - I had exactly the same problem with some records before I bought a new turntable that has an adjustable tracking weight.

My Trans Canada Highway is a misprint, the labels are on the opposite sides of where they should be. All three of my EPs sound good though. They all have surface noise to varying degrees but while they're not the cleanest records I've heard, they are fine by my standards. YMMV.

I don't get into the tracking weight and all of that--I have a really basic turntable and setup.

That might be why - basic setups that don't allow you to alter the tracking weight don't necessarily track properly - I had exactly the same problem with some records before I bought a new turntable that has an adjustable tracking weight.

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting a new turntable soon. But if you saw the discs, it's pretty clear they're fucked. There are some really nasty looking jagged scratches all around the area where the thing skips. I'm not confident that they would work better on any turntable, really.

Guest bitroast

the 3x EPs arrived today. it's actually the worst time though because my ears are blocked at the moment and everything sounds like muffled butts.

i'm listening to them and not noticing any 'noise' or skips, but i absolutely am not the best person to be asking at the moment.

Some people had problems with 'Farewell Fire' and 'Constants Are Changing'. With that said every track on my copy of that album had problems. Not to mention Trans Canada Highway had exactly the same problems.

Oh, also - got this in an email from Bleep which looks like it was sent out to a large amount of people;

Hi there

Many apologies for the problems with your vinyl that you have highlighted.

Whilst this is a limited problem, it is clear that there have been serious failings in the quality control at one of the plants used to produce the represses.
cleardot.gif
Warp are working on identifying the causes of this and producing replacements for anyone who has bought a copy affected by these problems.
This is going to take several weeks, but be assured that you will receive perfect replacement discs as soon as possible.
We will be in touch when these are despatched.
We are grateful for any photographs, recordings and descriptions that you can send, which can be used as evidence in our dealing with the plant in question.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Bleep Support

My LRS has only received one of the new records so far, so I've managed to only get Twoism. My turn table is just recently out of storage and one of my speakers has a tenancy to be a bit wonky but this record seems to have excessive hiss/pops and I even get distorted bass (especially on Basefree). There even appears to be some light scratches on side A near the first 3 tracks (I'll get a picture when I get home). I'll try cleaning the needle and using some headphones to see if it clears up... but the other records I own seem to sound much better.

I feel like I may have got a real dud of a vinyl and likely have no way of returning/replacing it without paying out for another copy. I'm not sure I even want to buy the other 5 from them when ever they do actually arrive...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived