IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there

We would like to update you with the progress on replacing faulty and damaged discs from the Boards of Canada repress titles.

Warp are still working with their pressing plant to produce the replacement discs. It has taken a bit of work to identify and eliminate the causes of problems and unfortunately it now looks like these will not be ready until after the Christmas period.

Please bear with us whilst we take this time to ensure that the replacements are of the quality you would expect.

We will update you again in early January.

• 1 month later...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your continuing patience in waiting for your replacement discs.

Warp are now happy with the quality of the discs that the plant are producing, and they are in production.

It is going to take approximately three weeks before we can send these to you. We will notify you when they are being despatched.

I'm a bit late to the party here, as ever, but yeah those records are flawless and I love love love that MHTRTC comes in antistatic sleeves. I've asked for some bonus freebies to go with the replacement of TCH. No ideas what, nor if they'll go for it.

Dear Customer

Thank you for your continuing patience in waiting for your replacement discs.

Warp are now happy with the quality of the discs that the plant are producing, and they are in production.

It is going to take approximately three weeks before we can send these to you. We will notify you when they are being despatched.

I'm a bit late to the party here, as ever, but yeah those records are flawless and I love love love that MHTRTC comes in antistatic sleeves. I've asked for some bonus freebies to go with the replacement of TCH. No ideas what, nor if they'll go for it.

Good to see they are attempting to make this right.

Good to see they are attempting to make this right.

Yeah, I always appreciate Bleep's customer service. Incidentally, apparently their "stock room will be throwing in some extra stickers with orders". Still haven't decided what could be the ultimate bonus freebie. Something inexpensive and throwaway for them, but invaluable for us...

Me, owning thousands of records, they all sound fine to me. scratches... sound kick off at warp. clicks, bumps and crackles... go and buy a fucking CD. Way too many toy people complaining

Me, owning thousands of records, they all sound fine to me. scratches... sound kick off at warp. clicks, bumps and crackles... go and buy a fucking CD. Way too many toy people complaining

lol

errrm yes, because a CD is the same like a proper vinyl record.

And complaining about a malfunctioning product is your right as a buyer.

:dry:

Guest transmisiones ferox

Got my copy of ABOINC this morning, very nice sounding and package with stickers, overall great repress !

• 1 month later...

Still not recieved my EP preorder. 2 emails from bleep so far, the first claimimg end of Jan, the second saying Feb 24th. No sign as of March 1st.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Just got my campfire headphase replacement records...just the records in generic white sleeves, no art included. Haven't spun them yet.....

It's funny, in the time that it took for these "finished" vinyls to come, I have already bought the OG pressing of campfire off discogs on the lolo and now I've got 6 discs of it....one good thing Bout these represses- it's definitely made a dent in the market value of the first presses.

When you can get Geogaddi original press for around $50 compared to the average $200 range in the times of yore, I'd say that's a dent....

I paid $55 for OG campfire when for years I'd seen it listed over $100.

Shitty fanboy-controlled market for sure, but when you're OCD about OG presses you either do as Romans do or keep waiting and hoping for a deal.

Also lame to see your Twoism didn't escape the realm that is Bleep and handling.

I must've missed the part where Geogaddi was going for over £100 - I remember it hovering between £60-£80 quite steadily, and that still seems to be the case on Discogs for NM copies. The ones that are on there for less are either in shite condition, or they're lying about it being an original pressing

Looks like these represses (and the unfortunate problems with them) has done nothing to dent the value of the originals - take Geogaddi's Discogs Marketplace stats for example:

Have: 1717
Want: 1287
Avg Rating: 4.69 / 5
Ratings: 502
Last Sold: about 1 month ago
Lowest: $66.91
Median: $100.20
Highest: $166.63

• 4 months later...
Guest TippingHand

Keep coming back to how much I love the artwork. Tempted to order the vinyl reprints and frame them.

Still want that Hi Scores reissue badly.

yes. yes. yes. also, yes, this.

fwiw I picked up all these reissues and they are all perfectly fine pressings. no issues, just lush music by the brothers.

Archived