IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Papillon

Not sure why bleep shipping to USA is so expensive, when Ninja Tune can ship a 3LP from London to here for $4.50

Hmm I think it's related to the Blrep cost recovery program. For example if you preordered TH you might have paid $7 for shipping on a standard LP, now you can get a $3 discount on the improved $12 shipping required on new orders. It works out if you do the math what used to cost $7 now costs $9, but only if you preordered TH. Moreover I have heard when it comes to Warb/Blrep the cost of shipping is inversely related to the time it takes a package to reach its destination.

Hope that helps.

A

This is the one thing that will cause me to buy a turntable, and I'm going to prepare to drop half a grand to make this worth it.

yeah I literally just invested in a turntable with a denon avr 990p receiver hooked up to my KRK rokit 6's to play the entire BOC reissue and TH LP.

Amazon pre's are up

:facepalm: at me

bleep pre-order i placed almost a month ago: $80 (including TH "dicount", $14 shipping)

amazon: $75.83 (full price, free shipping)

i'll never learn apparently.

But you don't get all the stickers and the print thingy with amazon. This is why I'm currently debating who to order from.

Guest Papillon

Amazon pre's are up

bleep pre-order i placed almost a month ago: $80 (including TH "dicount", $14 shipping)

But you don't get all the stickers and the print thingy with amazon. This is why I'm currently debating who to order from.

The stickers are sealed inside the gatefold, you'll get all of the stickers regardless of where you order from - fact. I can't believe I'm posting about stickers. That picture thing doesn't matter - fact.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Amazon pre's are up

why can't you just cancel your preorder?

Amazon pre's are up

yeah, i probably should just do that. oscillik's experience with bleep comes to mind, but i believe he had issues getting a refund for his order after it had shipped but hadn't arrived in a timely manner.

Amazon pre's are up

yeah, i probably should just do that. oscillik's experience with bleep comes to mind, but i believe he had issues getting a refund for his order after it had shipped but hadn't arrived in a timely manner.

it never arrived. as far as I can tell they never actually dispatched it out to me at all. and when I requested the refund, they made me foot the PayPal fees. I got them back, but the amount of emails I sent to Bleep over it was a farce. This was my experience. Yours may be different, but I know where I'm buying music from now on. and it isn't Bleep...

I am sure anyone who pre-orders these from Bleep won't have such a rough ride as oscilliik did with TH. Shit happens, and it was nothing personal.

Like I said Bleep have always given me fantastic service and probably hundreds of thousands other orders have been perfect, but the mimimal negative stories hold much more sway over people, thats just the way it works.

I'm just really looking forward to my BOC Bleep packages arriving, slicing that big fat green tape with my Swiss Army knife will be like slicing a big fat cake made of musical heaven (yeah whatever lol)

I am sure anyone who pre-orders these from Bleep won't have such a rough ride as oscilliik did with TH. Shit happens, and it was nothing personal.

Like I said Bleep have always given me fantastic service and probably hundreds of thousands other orders have been perfect, but the mimimal negative stories hold much more sway over people, thats just the way it works.

I'm just really looking forward to my BOC Bleep packages arriving, slicing that big fat green tape with my Swiss Army knife will be like slicing a big fat cake made of musical heaven (yeah whatever lol)

the only issues i've had with bleep have been TH related: the price of shipping; and the fact that it took so long to arrive, when i could have gone to my local record store and picked it up the day of the release. i actually had a damaged vinyl sleeve, and they sent me a new one in less time than it took for the entire album to arrive, their customer service was very responsive and pleasant to deal with.

the only thing that's giving me pause is that i chose to pay using paypal, and i remember that oscillik had an issue with them not wanting to refund fees. however i'm sure if i do cancel everything will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived