IGNORED

And now for something completely different: New ambient piece ...

encym

Hi All,

This is a new piece - a live recording done on the Machinedrum using guitar samples previously treated, then played on the MDUW.

Really different from any application I used this instrument before.

I look forward to comments - this was recorded live with next to no editing.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/encym/schimmer

Guest Frankie5fingers

This is awesome. though it does get a little pitchy at some times and hurts my ears. id soften them up a bit. and i agree, the bass is really good.

Thanks guys.

This is awesome. though it does get a little pitchy at some times and hurts my ears. id soften them up a bit. and i agree, the bass is really good.

Do you mean softening the high notes EQ-wise? Thanks for the input!

really like the guitar sound design, it's somehow very organic and digital at the same time to my ear, that may sound odd, i know, but that's how it feels to me x)
very nice track dude, enjoyed this alot !
thanks for sharing :)

really like the guitar sound design, it's somehow very organic and digital at the same time to my ear, that may sound odd, i know, but that's how it feels to me x)

Thanks Qatarsis!

I think you're absolutely right in assuming that.

The guitar recording itself including the delay was analogue and of course played on a real instrument. After transfer to the (digital) Machinedrum, it was again "played" and pitched etc. So it makes sense you should think that.

For being a live recording this is very robust indeed. The melody is strong enough that I think this piece should warrant further attention; adding to it, refining aspects of it.

This is already very strong and evokes cinematic landscapes: it would work very well as a film soundtrack where some mafia fellows in the Mojave Desert are loading the limp body of a freshly executed man into the trunk of a car then driving over to a cliff-side and tossing the body over just before lighting a cigarette and watching the body tumble down.

For being a live recording this is very robust indeed. The melody is strong enough that I think this piece should warrant further attention; adding to it, refining aspects of it.

This is already very strong and evokes cinematic landscapes: it would work very well as a film soundtrack where some mafia fellows in the Mojave Desert are loading the limp body of a freshly executed man into the trunk of a car then driving over to a cliff-side and tossing the body over just before lighting a cigarette and watching the body tumble down.

Cheers mate! Enjoying your description of the plot :-)

Archived