IGNORED

Martin Scorsese - The Wolf Of Wall Street

Redruth

"Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, from his rise to a wealthy stockbroker living the high life to his fall involving crime, corruption and the federal government."

[youtubehd]iszwuX1AK6A[/youtubehd]

Leonardo DiCaprio as Jordan Belfort

Jonah Hill as Donnie Azoff

Matthew McConaughey as Mark Hanna

Jean Dujardin as Jean-Jacques Handali

Kyle Chandler as Greg Coleman

Jon Bernthal as Brad

Jon Favreau as Lee Sorkin

Cristin Milioti as Teresa Petrillo

Rob Reiner as Max Belfort

Christine Ebersole as Leah Belfort

Margot Robbie as Naomi Lapaglia

Kenneth Choi as Walter

Joanna Lumley as Aunt Emma

Spike Jonze as Dwayne

Ethan Suplee as Toby Welch

Martin Klebba as Frank Berry

Katarina Čas as Chantalle

P. J. Byrne as Nicky Koskoff

Madison McKinley as Heidi Lord

Barry Rothbart as Peter Diblasio

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/

For the love of God, just once I'd like to see a Leo film where he doesn't toast the fucking camera!

i think it is his little thing, thing, not unlike christopher walken attempting to slip dance steps into every film he's ever made

For the love of God, just once I'd like to see a Leo film where he doesn't toast the fucking camera!

i think it is his little thing, thing, not unlike christopher walken attempting to slip dance steps into every film he's ever made

Ha! I've never noticed the Walken thing. I'll be looking out for it now.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Make one!

• 4 months later...

So I saw this film a couple of days ago, and while it was a completely different endeavor than I thought it was going to be, it still managed to leave a big impression. It's black comedy and slapstick taken to an unbeatable extreme. The movie's length and overblown presentation are part of the package, showcasing unchecked excess. It has a genuinely shameless feel to it, basically saying that depravity is something we'd all take part in given the opportunity. You can't deny the main characters are having an incredible ride and we have great fun with them no matter how shitty they are as human beings.

It's one big "fuck you" and middle finger to Oscar season and any sense of decency and I thought it was refreshing to see a creative team funded by millions let loose like this (sort of like the characters in the movie). Leo was clearly having a blast and he managed to knock it out of the park, really nailing some things you wouldn't expect him to. Not to mention Scorsese making a film with such ripping energy like this at age 71.

I heartily recommend it.

There was an interesting article posted today written by the daughter of one of the brokers Jordan was involved with... interesting article about some of the truths of the events the film portrays, she asks people to boycott the movie which I know I won't do because this movie looks great and I love Scorsese flicks, but it is an interesting article.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2013/12/wolf_of_wall_street_prousalis.php

Basketball Diaries?

There was an interesting article posted today written by the daughter of one of the brokers Jordan was involved with... interesting article about some of the truths of the events the film portrays, she asks people to boycott the movie which I know I won't do because this movie looks great and I love Scorsese flicks, but it is an interesting article.

Basketball Diaries?

She missed the point of the movie though.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

How did the FBI get the post it note?
My assumption was that Donny gave it to them and that the deal was off but then in the next scene Belfoir was sentenced to 36 months which means he did give them information and donny was not seen again, so perhaps he did give them the note

the end was rushed as fuck, because that shouldn't have been confusing.

looking forward to the 4 hour version

Basketball Diaries?

Sounds like "oh daddy is getting badmouthed on the cinemagraph, lets get all our rich friends to say bad things about it!"

Edit: I'm just venting I suppose...working amongst the wealthy class and theyre little world makes one a bit sick at (most) times

There's a lot of ways to think about this movie. It's not exactly condoning all the reckless balls-out behavior and by the end it's pretty clear you shouldn't admire Jordan Belfort, but it does show them having so much fun you can't help but understand the drive to be that greedy. Plus the whole film is made with so much enthusiasm and giddy energy so you can get into that mindset. Honesty over message, I think. No morals pushed on you. A breath of fresh air!

Basketball Diaries?

Sounds like "oh daddy is getting badmouthed on the cinemagraph, lets get all our rich friends to say bad things about it!"

Edit: I'm just venting I suppose...working amongst the wealthy class and theyre little world makes one a bit sick at (most) times

It's a movie. That girl sounds like a nut job. DiCaprio's character is clearly portrayed as a swindling, power-hungry, sex-crazed, wife-beating drug addict. Not exactly a glowing endorsement. It's not celebrating his actions, by any stretch. It's like saying Caligula glamorized the Roman Empire. That girl needs to get a job and stop pining for the days when daddy had money.

Sorry. I fucking liked this movie. Best thing Scorcese has done since Goodfellas (for the record, I will definitely say that Goodfellas glamorized/glorified the mafia infinitely more than WOWS does Wall St. No comparison.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest transmisiones ferox

Yeah, this was fun, Scorsese tries to make clever characters, but i can see where he's coming from and honestly this is not my cup of tea (same with Goodfellas), this is why I prefer Tarantino more

Archived