IGNORED

Sleep

Redruth

I have a fig tree in my back yard. An adorable little family of raccoons have discovered that the fig tree overhangs the roof of our bedroom, which itself is easily accessible via a short hop from a storage shed. Holy hell, all night long those adorable little fuckers are dancing above my head, figged out of their goddamn minds. I haven't slept more than four hours a night for a week or two. I'm happy sharing the figs but, hey, keep it down fellas.

i sleep with saw 2 disc one on random. i sleep on my right side. usually for a good 10 hours. sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and that pisses me off. when i wake up in the morning i eat breakfast and sometimes take a nap soon after because i'm still tired. lately i've been going to bed late which doesn't help.

i generally sleep rather well, but at odd times of the day or night depending on the other things that r going on. i really like to take short naps in the day and sometimes after dark. i like the warm cuddle feelings and ecstasy stretches after naps and the different types of dreams that occur during the more skimpy, driftings through sleep.

i'm curious how others sleep. do u have trouble sleeping? do u sleep well with others? what side of the bed do u prefer? one leg in, one leg out of covers? do u like to snack before getting to bed or sleep on an empty stomach? ear plugs? do u like soft musics for sleeping? do u use any sleep aids; herbal or pharmaceutical?

do u snore dreadfully loud?

teeth grinder?

farts in the bed?

night sweats?

do u like the pajamas or the bare skin?

socks?

do u pull the blankets away from others?

fall out of bed or push others out?

sleepwalk?

drool?

I don't like to sleep really. If I could avoid it completely I would. The longest I've ever stayed up is four days. I went through a period of staying up for 48 hours at a time and sleeping 12 hours, but it was not practical and did a number on my psyche. I don't really have issues sleeping as long as I'm getting proper exercise, and keep a routine. If I'm too stressed out I might have some issues as well.

I love to sleep with other people. There seems to be this very pure moment of bliss when you wake up next to another person. I like waking and then cuddling up to someone and then returning to sleep again. I get a similar feeling when I sleep with an animal like a dog or something. It must have something to do with regaining consciousness. I always feel more rested when I sleep with someone.

No side preference, but if it is the side I normally sleep on in my bed then I want that side.

Fully covered by the covers, on my stomach. arms under the pillow. Naked, but if it is very cold I might wear a t-shirt to avoid that period of temperature adjustment under the covers.

Empty stomach makes it near impossible for me to sleep.

No music, although there was a time I listened to music to sleep. My friend does it quite often. He will take one specific ambient track, and put it on repeat for the entire night.

I was taking Melatonin, 5htp, magnesium, potassium, and L-ornithine before I slept, but now I just take New Mood by Onnit. It works well although if I don't get enough sleep then it makes me feel more groggy in the morning. I highly recommend drinking a glass of powdered magnesium before bed. Melatonin will also knock me out.

I've probably snored before as I have sinus issues, but I don't think I do regularly. My roommate and brother snore rather loud on occasion.

I hope I don't grind my teeth.

If someone is sleeping with me I usually fart on purpose before we go to sleep.

I tend to sweat a lot during the summertime in bed. It is kind of an issue because I don't like to get out from under the covers.

nude.

I probably drool sometimes.

oh, and I don't like to nap. partyly because it fucks up my sleep schedule.

On the subject of sleep, I have this weird feeling that I'm going to miss out on something special by going to bed, so I always, without fail stay up later than I ought to.

Is this common, or am I a mentalist?

ETA - nothing special ever happens

do u have trouble sleeping? - not particularly

do u sleep well with others? yes, well no, it depends how attracted to them i am. sometimes it is nearly impossible to sleep and i will move into another room if it is extreme and i'm needing to sleep for a particularly important reason

what side of the bed do u prefer? right

one leg in, one leg out of covers? depends on the temperature

do u like to snack before getting to bed or sleep on an empty stomach? i do, but shouldn't. it gives me the nightmares

ear plugs? only under extremely noisy circumstances

do u like soft musics for sleeping? yes, sometimes

do u use any sleep aids; herbal or pharmaceutical? sometimes, herbs

do u snore dreadfully loud? no

teeth grinder? no

farts in the bed? no (i mean yes)

night sweats? only when i'm seriously ill or demonically possessed

do u like the pajamas or the bare skin? both, but i prefer the skin

socks? only when it is horribly cold, otherwise i can't stand it

do u pull the blankets away from others? no, but i seem to be the victim of that currently, repeatedly, and she denies it every time, regardless of the fact that it is blatantly obvious. she will be sorry tho, i've got a jape for her

fall out of bed or push others out? heh, yea; mostly when doing sex

sleepwalk? only when the moon is full

drool? only on public transport

I pretty much always sleep nude cuz i dont give a fuck unless it's too cold. If it's hot, ill have one leg out of the covers. If there's loud noises or people are banging around in the house ill put in earplugs but they almost always fall out. Don't know if i snore, don't think i do. Sometimes takes me a really long time to get to sleep but all together i think i get a good amount of rest

nice to see the Sleep love in here. for those not yet familiar, the cover up there is from the album Dopesmoker, which is a continuous 60+ min single track behemoth. classic. I'm gonna see them play it live soon, Insha'Allah.

I thought this was gonna be a thread about the band but then i realized troon probably doesn't listen to anything outside of electronic music. Saw 'em live btw, SO HEAVY

i slept so soundly until late morning. like a big puffy thing; warm and fuzzy, floating on a cozy cotton cloud

it's almost like no one in the history of the world has discussed this before

there is nothing new under the sun

do u have trouble sleeping? no, i went through a period of severe insomnia several years ago but i'm ok now most of the time

do u sleep well with others? never had any compaints

what side of the bed do u prefer? the middle usually, or if i'm sharing the side furthest from the wall

one leg in, one leg out of covers? yes when it's hot to regulate temperature

do u like to snack before getting to bed or sleep on an empty stomach? i'll only snack if i'm really hungry

ear plugs? no i'd probably sleep through my alarm if i did

do u like soft musics for sleeping? i sometimes listen to music but find silence easier to fall asleep to

do u use any sleep aids; herbal or pharmaceutical? no never

do u snore dreadfully loud? no, sometimes a tiny bit. i do sometimes moan softly in my sleep.

teeth grinder? no

farts in the bed? no i dont tend to get the windy pops much these days

night sweats? no

do u like the pajamas or the bare skin? usually PJs but sometimes not if it's too hot or i have company

socks? no can't stand wearing socks in bed

do u pull the blankets away from others? no

fall out of bed or push others out? i have been known to fall out of the bed, i've never pushed someone out

sleepwalk? i used to sleepwalk a lot as a child, i don't tend to do it now though

drool? very rarely

I don't sleep as much as I should, I have insomnia and sometimes have to literally force myself to just lay down and close my eyes (putting on some ambient helps), I'm also have a tendency to be really picky about light pollution and if it's too bright I can't sleep. I use a sleep mask fairly often, however I need to get a new one as the strap on my current one has become stretched/worn and the mask slips from my face.

I don't sleep as much as I should, I have insomnia and sometimes have to literally force myself to just lay down and close my eyes (putting on some ambient helps), I'm also have a tendency to be really picky about light pollution and if it's too bright I can't sleep. I use a sleep mask fairly often, however I need to get a new one as the strap on my current one has become stretched/worn and the mask slips from my face.

i've often wondered with people with insomnia, do you find yourself more productive because you're awake more or is it just shitty ?

My girlfriend snores and my housemates party too much. I have solved this problem with earplugs. I prefer a cold, drafty room with complete silence when I sleep, my mind is overstimulated by sounds if there is anything going on that is louder than white noise.

Sleep is weird. I wish I had no schedule so sleep could be more enjoyable...

I popped an ibuprofin and took a 1.5 hour long nap after being grumpy and tired with a migraine @ work today. Sometimes an afternoon siesta makes all the difference in your day.

i've often wondered with people with insomnia, do you find yourself more productive because you're awake more or is it just shitty ?

To an extent it can make me more productive, but after a while you're kind of running on fumes, brain and body are tired too tired to be productive but I'm still awake. At that point I usually end up sitting in bed and listening to music and reading articles or browsing reddit until I eventually pass out, which sometimes isn't until the sun has started coming up already... the plus side is I do get a LOT of music listening done.

I don't sleep well unless I'm physically exhausted. I also don't like any lights in the room I sleep in (including LEDs, power strips, etc). I also have a sneaking suspicion I sleep better with the wifi off, but that is a little crazy, right.

I definitely fall asleep faster with someone else in the bed. I think I slept better when I mediated more but I'm not sure. It'll probably take me a while to realize I can't live productively without meditating regularly.

Archived