IGNORED

DJ Rashad - I Don't Give a Fuck

I have the impression that footwork isn't that highly regarded here (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I just thought about how much I love this track:

http://youtu.be/DtJKBrnAi3M

The perfect use of a few simple sounds, programming and space for emotional effect. It's an excellent composition. I can't wait to pick up the album. This track is fucking fresh, stellar stuff.

• 2 months later...

this album is really fucking good

Ditto. Didn't really know anything about Rashad until my brother introduced me a piece three days ago. Now I'm hooked.

Also I didn't know this was classified under the subgenre "footwork". Shows how slow I am @ keepin up with the latest trends innit

this album is really fucking good

Ditto. Didn't really know anything about Rashad until my brother introduced me a piece three days ago. Now I'm hooked.

Also I didn't know this was classified under the subgenre "footwork". Shows how slow I am @ keepin up with the latest trends innit

DJ Spinn and DJ Rashad had a FACT Mix not long after Planet Mu signed DJ Nate so I've been following him for awhile. Even after all the "post-footwork" artists releases since then he's still one of the best. I get the impression he's honed in on new techniques and equipment.

I get the impression he's honed in on new techniques and equipment.

I get that impression too. I liked the 'Itz not rite' 12" (I have to spin that again soon), but it didn't stick to me like 'Da Mind ofTraxman' or even some of the other tracks on the Bangs and Works volumes. 'I Don't Give a Fuck' instantly hit me thinking that he fucking nailed his sound. And now with 'Double Cup', even more honed to owning his own style. It's fast becoming album of the year for me at this point. It's a really exciting album.

i'm glad it became less shit

this is much better than it was when it started as people have refined things

it's the sound of the Fruity Loops sequencer

Is it FL?? Good, I feel like less of a klutz now :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

i'm glad it became less shit

this is much better than it was when it started as people have refined things

it's the sound of the Fruity Loops sequencer

Is it FL?? Good, I feel like less of a klutz now :happy:

"the sound of the sequencer"

nah, it isn't fl. maybe for some things, but I don't think he sequences rhythms in fl at all. there's a few videos of him doing tracks on an MPC, and this and "Welcome to the Chi" definitely sound like they were made with that as the backbone IMO. Rollin is maybe more sequenced though.

I love this album. Does anyone else’s CD have like 2 minutes of seemingly silent track 1 pre gap (a/k/a the EP7 trick)?

No, not on mine. That's strange. There is a secret track at the end though.

I love this album. Does anyone else’s CD have like 2 minutes of seemingly silent track 1 pre gap (a/k/a the EP7 trick)?

So if you rewind from the start of track 1 there's no space there? Weird. I do have the secret track at the end as well. Huh.

So if you rewind from the start of track 1 there's no space there? Weird. I do have the secret track at the end as well. Huh.

I've only popped it in the car and it starts off on the first track instantly. Are you saying you can rewind to negative time on the first track?

Yessir. But there's no audio there, as far as I can tell. I only gave it a quick listen.

Anyway, no big deal, just wondering. My CD drive did not enjoy ripping track 1 for this reason. Just a heads up if this happens to anyone else.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm devastated at the news. He has a lot more to give to all of us and was seriously of the most exciting and fun DJs and producers to emerge recently, of ANY genre.

Goddammit, I am going to miss the fuck out of DJ Rashad.

Archived