IGNORED

Dark ambient similar to Semena Mertvykh

Npoess

• 1 month later...
Guest Astranomaly

Shit, my music wishlist cannot handle all of these artists suddenly showing up on it. It's just too much. I should have known better than to investigate this thread.

I was going to suggest Altus but, upon review, his stuff is far too hopeful in most circumstances. Here is one of his darker dark-ambient works. Very ambient/lonely, not particularly post-apocalyptic (jump to 18:18?). If we stretch the definition of "similar to Semena Mervykh" to "droning dark ambient loneliness" I guess it might work:

Also, parts of Climax Golden Twins' "Session 9 OST":

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone posted this on Twoism, but I had to check it out for myself. From BOC's facebook timeline, someone posted this, and BOC broke their silence with a worthy response:

1488110_549257965166286_1235113245_n.jpg

This is one of the tracks on the album that escapes my attention even when I force myself to pay attention to it.

that's what I like about it. The rest of the album is trying too hard. It's kind of embarrassing.

Guest transmisiones ferox

I think this track is my least fav on the album, esp at first, I was really disap by such ending on the alb, but now it's ok, the drone sound is pretty massive

I'm actually not THAT keen on the Semena-track either, it's not bad, but it's not exactly a revelation either. Anyway, I can appreciate it for what it is, but the actual HUGE letdown about it is that they released the very last track of the album in a promo-teaser. So anti-climatic to finish off the album with an already released track. What a dick-move that was.

Also lol how everyone was freaking out about the announcement from that teaser, but the music that turned out to be Semena got barely any appreciation other than "Could this be an Ambient release?" - I actually converted the track and put it on my mp3-player along with Reach For The Dead before the album was released, so I knew it in-and-out. Double-letdown. :emotawesomepm9:

Why hasn't On Land been mentioned yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWP7CchR4WQ

Very good release - Lizard Point & The Lost Day are my favs.

I've told this story before, but: My ex-gf (who wasn't so keen on my kind of music in general but usually put up with it) used to get shaking hands & cold sweats once that flute-thing from the track "Shadow" came on. Oddly enough, my now-girlfriend (thank god) actually likes the shit I'm into, so we often put on some music when going to sleep, we sleep to Robert Rich, Lustmord or even freakin' Thomas Köner, really dark stuff, BUT - Shadow-track, same thing. It wasn't even me who introduced her to the album. My friend played it to her on his cheapo-travel-speakers in a hotel room in Prague and apparently she freaked out. Yeah good release.

• 1 month later...
Guest transmisiones ferox

but overall boring track

noob repost, the only thing that I complain about Semena, that it's the last track on TH

• 2 months later...
Guest Ron Manager

Best track on the album.

I've slowly come to agree with this. Almost a year on, and this is the one I come back to the most.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very good release - Lizard Point & The Lost Day are my favs.

I've told this story before, but: My ex-gf (who wasn't so keen on my kind of music in general but usually put up with it) used to get shaking hands & cold sweats once that flute-thing from the track "Shadow" came on. Oddly enough, my now-girlfriend (thank god) actually likes the shit I'm into, so we often put on some music when going to sleep, we sleep to Robert Rich, Lustmord or even freakin' Thomas Köner, really dark stuff, BUT - Shadow-track, same thing. It wasn't even me who introduced her to the album. My friend played it to her on his cheapo-travel-speakers in a hotel room in Prague and apparently she freaked out. Yeah good release.

Hah, I am glad others have had a reaction to 'Shadow'! I recall putting 'On Land' to play while I slept and when this track came on I was dreaming of being in a swamp full of vicious looking human fetus/frog hybrid things. Whenever the 'sound' would happen the frog fetuses would open their mouths as if they were making it (amazing how the subconscious brain can improvise like that): needless to say it added a new layer of creep to the track.

For years I'd imagined that sound being a recording of an old homeless woman, but over time I've realised that it is actually Jon Hassell's trumpet playing style; the same sound appeared in this collab track between Eno & Hassell:

I've no idea how he can make a trumpet sound like that.

• 2 years later...

Archived