IGNORED

Trackermatte - Shadow Festival

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

http://trackermatte.bandcamp.com/album/shadow-festival

post-17082-0-68622100-1376786738_thumb.jpg

Without trying to write a music review, I'll just say this album seems to take a lot of cues from musical styles and expressions i discovered through works like Rushup Edge and the later recordings in the Analord series.

And furthermore, Trackermatte's backlog of older releases might some Aphex Twin/Squarepusher fans experience a conniption fit.

I'm posting this since the album was just freshly released and I've noticed there isn't a thread about it yet.

Guest skibby

youre posting it because its you!

tracks are pretty decent tho

It's Teh Burglar's stuff MisterE not mine. I'm just out there being annoying about it.

i dont know what to believe but i'll butt out of your thread

im not trying to steal thunder from your aphex tracks

or...

did these tracks inspire aphex to do what HE does?

dun dun dunnnnn

misterE out

• 3 months later...

My only harsh criticism would be the height of the noise floor and not much fidelity to some of the tracks, re-mixing would bring it to life and put it up there with the heavyweights.

can you be more specific with which tracks seemed low fidelity? I'm not hearing that at all but maybe if you point it out I would!

cheers

Worth mentioning in this thread, I'm broadcasting a radioshow on the friday and Trackermatte is a guest on the show, he has a 70-ish minute set and you folks will enjoy it if Shadow Festival is your cup of tea ;)

"

1467443_10151792351877194_77064706_n.jpg

i don't mean to be a dick but this shit is better than most of what's coming out on Rephlex right now. This is up there with the recent Monolith / Photodimentia stuff for me easily.

This!

delicious sounds. especially on headphones, reminds me of the tuss eargasms. not that he's ripping off rdj, just that he's equalled the quality of the sounds. and yeah i noticed some rdj tropes but this has its own personality. it's got to be difficult to avoid using rdj things, and it's cool that trackermatte has the confidence to use them for his (i'm guessing he's a dude) own purposes.

how do you pronounce the name? like it's spanish? tracker mot ay? please burglar my mind is confused when i think it.

Haha yes I do love production tropes.

I never go out of my way to imitate any tricks, but if I

happen to make something and it sounds nice I'll keep it.

Trackermatte sounds weird to say out loud even for me.

I've head people say "Tracker Matt" and it rolls off the tongue better

than "tracker matt-eh" does.

Archived