IGNORED

Laurel Halo - Chance of Rain

Guest bitroast

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldenjon

Just got it (a really bad rip of it anyways), and sad to say that the "off-key" vocals are entirely missing from this one. quarantine haters will rejoice

Just got it (a really bad rip of it anyways), and sad to say that the "off-key" vocals are entirely missing from this one. quarantine haters will rejoice

Praise be to Jesus. That gives me a reason to check out this new album.

I must have the same one, 80kbps, so it's all muffled, but there's nice rhythms and beats, I'm looking froward to hearing it properly.

To me it's a bit different, it has more tribal beats and is more ambient, I only listened once though as it was too muffled to enjoy properly.

I was definitely nodding my head to the ryhthms though, so I think it was good ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Zelmo Swift

Have yet to get into Laurel Halo, what's a good place to start?

Don't say vagina, pls.

Probably Hour Logic. It seems to be the intersection of her purely beat-based compositions and her vocal work.

Her newest album has almost no vocals at all, as I understand it.

I really liked that Ainnome track that was released a couple weeks ago on soundcloud.

Guest Zelmo Swift

The opening track almost sounds like a Sun Ra solo piece. Then it's kinda snorey until halfway through with the title track. After that it really has my attention.

Seems she's exploring new textures with this release.

Feels like it would've made a better EP than a follow-up LP to Quarantine.

This sounds more like King Felix than Laurel Halo. Now that I mention it, I'm wondering why she even bothered to use that name for that SPRING EP which I thought was really good. Green Door and Sunlight both sounded like King Felix releases anyway. Hm.

Archived