IGNORED

Can't get over how amazing Steinvord is

Bitraete

Guest LoveRhino

Aye me too (and that's with my pretty decent turntable setup & preamp going into a good headphone amp & headphones)

Still convinced this was gonna be the third release on Tom and Rich's swiftly abandoned MEN label.

Just heard this for the first time today after seeing its cited constantly on the site. Wow! Amazing tracks. Definitely and without a shadow of a doubt RDJ and potentially in collaboration with TJ as there are distinct flavours of both. I agree. This would have been approrpriate on Men. Shame there was not more on that label.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye me too (and that's with my pretty decent turntable setup & preamp going into a good headphone amp & headphones)

Still convinced this was gonna be the third release on Tom and Rich's swiftly abandoned MEN label.

Just heard this for the first time today after seeing its cited constantly on the site. Wow! Amazing tracks. Definitely and without a shadow of a doubt RDJ and potentially in collaboration with TJ as there are distinct flavours of both. I agree. This would have been approrpriate on Men. Shame there was not more on that label.

you can still listen to the myspace tracks though if you didn't already! there should be a zipped folder with mp3s floating around.

Would be super cool if Rephlex released a steinvord CD comp including the EP and those other unreleased tracks that are floating around. Have been waiting them for ages. Or better yet, a comp with some new tracks in the vein of Plus ten / Steel erector. Opening the twitter account got me wishful but it seems that it was opened just for promoting the US tour. Just my two cents.

Not allowed to say (yet).

What about now?

Ok, Rephlex is gone now can we get an answer?

I guess he isn't allowed to say unless the person behind Steinvord confirms that he wants to reveal himself, otherwise it would be plain disrespectful (that is of course, assuming he isn't anyone on Rephlex that we already knew).

Still want the digital album out. Joyrex has to convince Grant to put it out along with the unreleased Monolith that was suppossed to come out too.

Yes might be, but there was this (yet) aspect which got me wishful of new album and not the end of Rephlex (if it was the reason for Joyrex not being allowed to say anything at the time). Maybe Joyrex didn't understand what I meant to ask since there was a little flaw in my question. Worth of shot now:

How about now? /jk

• 4 weeks later...

Nooooooooooooooooo? Steinvord is David Barnard? lol

Grumpy was referring to the "Touch Me" album that was supposed to come out on Rephlex.

With what, 3-4 albums? that Dave announced recently, we may still get it under a different album name.

Eh, sorry guys but you lost me. Didn't even understand that Pittore was referring to me. LOL, almost asked him the source. Where did I even distantly implied of Steinvord being Monolith? I haven't ever thought that it would be Dave, doesn't sound like Dave's style. Photodementia had some signature Monolith sounds like Dave's Groove for instance but haven't found anything like that from Steinvord. FFS I should really consider to get some remedial instruction for English since even I don't understand what I've written after awhile. :unsure:

Eh, sorry guys but you lost me. Didn't even understand that Pittore was referring to me. LOL, almost asked him the source. Where did I even distantly implied of Steinvord being Monolith? I haven't ever thought that it would be Dave, doesn't sound like Dave's style. Photodementia had some signature Monolith sounds like Dave's Groove for instance but haven't found anything like that from Steinvord. FFS I should really consider to get some remedial instruction for English since even I don't understand what I've written after awhile. :unsure:

It's not you, I didn't have a clue too :)

It's not you, I didn't have a clue too :)

And now I'm not even sure how I thought that Grumpy was referring to Monolith's unreleased on Rephlex.

So confused :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steinvord
Steinvord
Flying high
Flying high
In the summer sky

Steinvord
Steinvord
Flying high
Flying high
Gently pass on by

Steinvord
Steinvord
Flying high
Flying high
Am I going to die

Steinvord
Steinvord
Flying high
Flying high
Take me on your flight

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this soundcloud account has a bunch of steinvord stuff including some remixes i hadnt heard before. maelstrom is downloadable at 320 and it's the best quality version of it i've heard by far

https://soundcloud.com/slumslug/steinvord-maelstrom

https://soundcloud.com/slumslug/steinvord-iyff-acid-sea_fax-rmx

https://soundcloud.com/slumslug/steinvord-untitled-97

Saw this on the other thread. Those are the same tracks ripped from myspace with low bitrate, the uploader just reencoded them to 320 for some reason. Steinvord has his own soundcloud account but he never added a single track.

Archived