Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume 1 Vinyl Repress

https://bleep.com/release/21887-aphex-twin-selected-ambient-works-85-92

We have 70 copies shipping now.... Once those 70 are sold, the vinyl product will be put on pre-sale and orders will ship next week.

Originally released in 1992 on Belgian label Apollo, 'Selected Ambient Works 85-92' marks the first full length studio album by Richard D. James under his Aphex Twin name. Considered a landmark release in ambient techno, it's easy to see why it has endured. Feathery keys, dreamy production and trickling rhythms are drenched over distant samples from sources as diverse as Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory ('We Are The Music Makers'), Robocop ('Green Calx') and ethereal female vocals on opener 'Xtal'. Arguably some the most beautifully realised and majestic sounds of the revered musician's career.

It's nice that these are getting re-pressed.. but hurry up and re-press drukqs, warp! I actually had a dream last night that I found a copy in a second hand record store with a price sticker saying $800, zole.

Edited by modey
Guest jasondonervan

It's nice that these are getting re-pressed..

It seems like this album gets repressed about once a month !

Too right, I could've sworn I bought a repress a few years back.

By "these" I meant RDJ's albums in general. I have what I assume is a re-press (apollo/R&S AMBLP 3902; no barcode or cat number apart from on the etching) and it sounds fucking great.

Edited by modey
Guest jasondonervan

By "these" I meant RDJ's albums in general. I have what I assume is a re-press (apollo/R&S AMBLP 3902; no barcode or cat number apart from on the etching) and it sounds fucking great.

Wasn't that one also touted as a re-master?

I think mine is an original, but it was sold to me as a repress:

http://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Selected-Ambient-Works-85-92/release/32662

Either way, I picked up a copy along with some tees.

Guest texan whip

I've been waiting almost twenty years for Warp to do a decent 25track re-press of SAWII - but I hear RDJ hates it so it'll probably never happen. I'm beginning to regret not going for the recent crappy 1972 23track re-press now!

Wasn't that one also touted as a re-master?

Was it? Discogs has no info, unfortunately. Not even a release year.

It's nice that these are getting re-pressed..

It seems like this album gets repressed about once a month !

Yeah?

The last repress I remember is this:

R-3370762-1328001991.jpeg

Hahaha, holy shit! Almost as bad as the album

Guest bitroast

i sort of wish On was on an album or compilation album or something.

i would love to see this repressed properly, but i don't see the 4 track single being repressed on its own.

i sort of wish On was on an album or compilation album or something.

i would love to see this repressed properly, but i don't see the 4 track single being repressed on its own.

You never know, Windowlicker and Come To Daddy were repressed.

Why this keeps getting repressed over and over is beyond me... there are far better choices for represses than this.

the album get's a lot of hype attention in best offs in webmusiczines

and maybe warp is hyping everyone up for the new aphex twin album

hyerp!

2013 - the year that hurt my wallet the most.

Fuck me aint that truth.

I'm putting off getting the BoC albums but I know its gonna happen. And there's loads of great new albums out too.

Why this keeps getting repressed over and over is beyond me... there are far better choices for represses than this.

hyerp!

Nope. Recall this was repressed last year, and a few years before that with the remaster (which I think was warranted).

This is just typical R&S behaviour - nothing to to with WARP at all.

hyerp!

Nope. Recall this was repressed last year, and a few years before that with the remaster (which I think was warranted).

To be fair, they will most likely sell all of these presses.

I don't blame them. I just hope it has the original sleeve and not the abomination of this

$%28KGrHqF,!h0E9Q4N5VQJBP,yNzofMw~~60_35

Guest jkd1940

I'm pretty sure the most recent repress aka the one with terrible cover was a boot. Either way I'm psyched for this, even the reissues are pretty expensive these days.

how could anyone listen to SAW1 seriously anymore, sounds so old and every noob knows the songs.

hyerp!

To be fair, they will most likely sell all of these presses.

I don't blame them. I just hope it has the original sleeve and not the abomination of this

$%28KGrHqF,!h0E9Q4N5VQJBP,yNzofMw~~60_35

looks like a skrillex cover. honestly. not trolling.

Edited by CharlesWatkins

I actually had a dream last night that I found a copy in a second hand record store.

I've had that dream before and it was bizarre