IGNORED

Most IDM moment of your life so far

Guest Araungzeb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could beat sonic 1 with one hand tied behind my back... the other sonics though are another story...

seriously? sonic 1 was easily the hardest one on genesis. 3 and knuckles were easy because you had saves. 2 was kinda tough but not sonic 1 tough. you could get those emeralds that made you invincible every time you got 50 rings.

sonic 1 youre just bare backin right into a patch of herpes

Finally seeing Squarepusher live last year and have him play Journey to Reedham for his encore.

Fuck, that sounds awesome

I finally caught him for the Ufabulum set, which was awesome in its own right. But I would love for some proper rave, with classic squarepusher material live. Even just an encore's worth; the show I saw had a light-tracking-bass-wankery encore

He also did a bass improvisation set after Journey to Reedham. I thought it was a little boring too, but he seemed to be having fun.

autechre story: i was at the untitled show in seattle and they were playing in the dark behind a big plank or something so noone could see them play but the venue had a 2nd story with a little spot I found that totally overlooked the stage and sean and rob crawling on their hands and knees playing with their gear

i brought my friends to my secret spot and we all just stared down at autechre and them randomly shooting us annoyed glances

then i thought security saw me smoking a joint so i wandered off and poured ice water down a guys pants because he asked me too (and he really regretted it right afterwards)

Lol. I was there next to those 2 Vietnamese kids in front of the stage who were rocking out hard the entire show. It was fascinating to watch them try to dance/headbang to the SND polyrhythms - if I remember right, they did an admirable job.

Hmm places I´ve been to, probably Tokyo.

Moments: Walking past RDJ in Manchester and Squarepusher in Paris outside of the venue they were going to perform in later.

Guest Araungzeb

Telling a girl i listen to IDM, explaining what the acronym stands for and her subsequent laughter at my music taste. Pretty IDM

The only thing worse than this is explaining the distinction between IDM and EDM

BTW I used to think the 'I' stood for independent. Can't we change it to that coz it's better I think?

Then it would be 'indie' dance music. For once in your life madame, think of the consequences, this isn't the carefree 80s anymore!

BTW I used to think the 'I' stood for independent. Can't we change it to that coz it's better I think?

Then it would be 'indie' dance music.  For once in your life madame, think of the consequences, this isn't the carefree 80s anymore! 

No it wouldn't, it's still IDM Keith! It's still IDM!!!

Then it would be 'indie' dance music. For once in your life madame, think of the consequences, this isn't the carefree 80s anymore!

I always thought the "I" stood for "I"

as in:

I Dance Music.

Then it would be 'indie' dance music.  For once in your life madame, think of the consequences, this isn't the carefree 80s anymore! 

as in:

I Dance Music.

That doesn't even make sense

as in:

I Dance Music.

Well, that's the beauty of it isn't it?

as in:

I Dance Music.

as in:

I Dance Music.

I was going to respond with an appropriate .gif but I couldn't be bothered so here is the boring answer:

yay!

I guess the 1997 Rephlex Tour gig at Insel in Berlin, Germany.

1. Ed DMX bumping into me on the stairs, stopping, looking at my (selfmade) Aphex Twin T-Shirt and giving me a thumbs-up.

2. Global Goon telling me after his set that I have a pretty weird dancing style.

3. Seeing Squarepusher playing ordinary D&B and tapping wildly on the turntables, so I thought "WTF is this?" and left the room.

My last IDM moment:

Cristian Vogel being in a really relaxed and good mood, playing the most mental I-fucking-DM music I've ever heard, making the improvised venue by the river the most IDM night ever. Sleeping in a tent for three days, lying around and having fun by the river and exploring the WWI remnants the next day. I love summer!

Latest pending IDM moment:

my really fucked up biorhythm lately: I went to sleep at 2pm today, woke up at 9pm; shifting my hours of sleep for the last month; really don't know what to do about it, but I'm too lazy to do any hard-working workouts to get me tired in the evening...

Brilliant! I'm on it. http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/london-actively-trying-to-kill-humans-2013090479132

Baker Tom Logan said: “I’ve long suspected that London was trying to kill me, with the cumulative effects of pollution, stress and a generally harrowing atmosphere.

“Oh well. I suppose psychotic buildings firing lethal beams of pure energy is another thing we’ll have to get used to, like the congestion charge and parking permits.”

Guest jasondonervan

Londoners could have a serious IDM experience by going to the "walkie-talkie" skyscraper at 20 Fenchurch Street at the right time of day to get burned by a "solar death ray". Apparently, the Earth's current seasonal position is allowing the building to reflect concentrated rays that can melt cars

http://www.grindtv.com/lifestyle/culture/post/towering-new-skyscraper-in-london-blamed-for-melting-cars-setting-fires/

Standing in a queue for a performance of ST 10-1,080262 by Iannis Xenakis at the South Bank and noticing AFX TWINZ in front of the queues in front of me then quietly making an arsehole out of myself.

Archived